.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Grizzly Mama

There's a Grizzly who has escaped the City of Brotherly Love..(and she's going back to homeschooling!!)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Out of Philly, Pennsylvania, United States

"All who have meditated on the art of governing mankind have been convinced that the fate of empires depends on the education of youth." Aristotle - Greek Philosopher.

Friday, March 16, 2007

Yikes Stripes






Looks like we might have had a little accident at this webcam!

I'm lucky to be alive! I got home from dropping the kidlets off at Mom-Mom's around 10:00 p.m. Horrifying. I-95 is NOT closed, but it SHOULD be.

Keep in mind that old Grizzly Mama is a veteran driver with lots of experience driving in snow, ice, blizzards - whatever! You name it. I've driven down out of the Rockies into Denver I don't KNOW how many times in wicked weather. One time I did it with a glasses lens popped out of one side.

I'm telling you - I-95 in Philadelphia has no right being open right now.

We're checking the weather and keeping our eye on the highway. I've spoken with Skye and we will decide in a couple of hours if we're going to make the trek.

I sure hope that we can.

2 Comments:

Blogger The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

I'm so proud of you guys! It sounds like a successful turnout for our side.

Happy birthday to City Troll, too; hope he wasn't in too much pain.

And hope the drive was a safe one.

17 March, 2007 22:23  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Thank you so much Wordsmith! We are very glad that we were able to go. Our young friend who returned from Iraq last year was greeted so warmly by the Rolling Thunder guys and gals. The lady from Hugs for our troops was awesome, too.

Getting ready to post our meagre collection of pictures. We didn't do too well on that front!

Troll is in a lot of pain - the medication sched. got messed up today. I'm loading him up now for the night plus some advils. It was too much but he is really glad that he went. He says thanks for the belated birthday wishes!

17 March, 2007 23:20  

Post a Comment

<< Home