.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Grizzly Mama

There's a Grizzly who has escaped the City of Brotherly Love..(and she's going back to homeschooling!!)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Out of Philly, Pennsylvania, United States

"All who have meditated on the art of governing mankind have been convinced that the fate of empires depends on the education of youth." Aristotle - Greek Philosopher.

Sunday, June 25, 2006

A Call for Help - Join the Tribute

I learned about this from Always On Watch.
Here is the information, cut and paste, from the orginator of the idea. I have signed up - will you?

I’d like 2,995 blogging volunteers to help me with a tribute to the victims of 9/11. If you’d like to participate, you’ll be assigned the name of someone who was murdered on September 11, 2001. Then on September 11, 2006 you’ll post your own tribute to that person. It can be anything you want it to be: a photo tribute, an essay, a remembrance, a poem…it’s up to you. Then link back to a page I will create which will give the names of all 2,996 victims and links to the blogs that will remember them that day.

But, and this is critical, I don’t want any of us to remember the murderers. Do not refer to the terrorists. Or their organization. Or their goals. Let them fade into nothing. Let them be forgotten. Remember those worth remembering.

What help do I need? A lot.

I need 2,995 bloggers who are willing to participate for one day.

I need people to pass on this message to others, because 2,995 people don’t read this blog.

I need a name for this goofy thing.

I need some sort of graphic or banner we can all drop in our entries.

And I need suggestions as to how to make this work.

Anyone game?


I left a comment at the blog to which the title of this entry is linked. An update was published that links to another blog, 2996. Visit either blog and offer to help in any way that you can. Thank you.

I consider it a great honor to participate in this project.



Update! I have my assignment:
James M. Roux
43, of Portland, Maine
Passenger on United Airlines Flight 175

Thank you DC Roe.

Link

17 Comments:

Blogger Mrs_Who said...

I have already written and received the name of the person to whom I will write a tribute. I hope all the victims will get a tribute.

25 June, 2006 15:35  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Thanks Mrs. Who. I am so glad that you are doing it too - I hope that all of them will get a tribute as well.

My husband, The City Troll, wants to know if you're married to Dr. Who? ;-)

25 June, 2006 20:00  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

I saw you there Skye - along with another blonde Philly blogger!

25 June, 2006 23:45  
Blogger Sprittibee said...

I'd love to help. I have a crayon drawing of the twin towers on fire that my son did when he was 4. I've wanted to post it, because it brings back such memories for me of those horrible days... and I think it is easy for those of us who did not have to live through it to get apathetic about it. Count me in.

26 June, 2006 11:37  
Blogger Sprittibee said...

Monicar... you should probably create a blogroll. :)

26 June, 2006 11:37  
Blogger MDConservative said...

I will be posting a tribute at CIR, I will not be joining the roll because my tribute will be based on close personal experience and people I knew at the Pentagon. I think it is a terrific idea and fully support it. I hope it has a great turnout!

26 June, 2006 13:30  
Blogger Always On Watch said...

Monica R,
Good to see the news spreading around.

I googled the name for my assignment (Actually, I have two names because I can post to two different blogs) and found plenty of information. I want to make sure that my tribute has a personal touch, though I'm also looking for an appropriate poem.

26 June, 2006 17:47  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Sprittibee - I am so glad to hear that you are interested. I believe that the person who came up with this idea is going to have all of the tributes linked. My oldest was almost 5 and we saw the 2nd plane go into the 2nd tower She did some artwork too and we wrote a letter to the President telling him how she felt and included the artwork in the letter. I was worried about her and how it affected her mainly because of the way I reacted to the situation. She's fine. I'm still messed up. :-D (Maybe I should do some artwork..)

mdcon - thanks for the comment. I hope that the project gets a good turnout too.

Oh Dagney - I spoke with someone in the neighborhood last week that started with that crap. I was (almost) speechless. When I tried to point out the fallacy of the things that she was repeating about who was responsible for 9/11 she interrupted me constantly and then became very upset. It was the whole 9 yards with her - Bush did it, the rockets on the planes, they had to place explosives to bring the towers down - OMG. It's very frustrating. She heard all of this from some university professor and I guess we must all believe the university professors because they are god? What's with that? Anyway - I am happy to hear that you are participating too. I think it will be a powerful expression.

Thank you AOW. I have googled some as well. I found the quilt square for Mr. Roux. I am going to include that in some way. I am searching for things to include.

27 June, 2006 23:30  
Blogger Michael said...

The 9/11 tribute thing sounds like a good idea. Find it hard to believe sometimes its 5 years since it happened.

My name is Michael, and I am the editor of Western World Politics, an un-apologetically pro-American and pro-freedom blog. We have recently moved to the new address of;

http://thewwp.blogspot.com

Please feel free to check us out sometime, as we are keen to build up links and working relationships with other like minded bloggers. Provide a link to us, and he will happilly return the favour! If you wish to contact me, please feel free to do so at the e-mail address on the blog.

Regards

Michael, Editor Western World Politics

28 June, 2006 09:05  
Blogger NotClauswitz said...

I signed up.

28 June, 2006 12:20  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Thank you Michael. You are not shy about riling the moonbats up, are you?! I like that in a person.

Thanks dirtcrashr and CH.

CH - we are high and dry. The Schuykill is above flood stage and a quarter of a million people have been evacuated up near Wilkes-Barre. Yikes. Don't know what's going to happen in Philly - - we'll have to wait and see. As for us, we have weathered a couple of hurricanes and nary a drop of moisture in the basement. (That's a big deal here, having a dry basement...) Darby Creek flooded real bad a couple of years ago and many people lost their homes. That's a few miles from us. Geez - y'all are on water restrictions now? It seems that if you're not in a drought you're being flooded or fighting fires in your neck of the woods. This is one crazy planet we live on - if it's not typhoons and hurricanes, it's tornadoes, mud-slides, earthquakes, volcanoes or wild fires that we are all having to deal with.

29 June, 2006 00:12  
Blogger Michael said...

Thank you Michael. You are not shy about riling the moonbats up, are you?! I like that in a person

I do my best :)

29 June, 2006 07:27  
Blogger J C said...

Thanks for the link. I'm in. Jim

30 June, 2006 13:53  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Michael - we all do!

JC - thanks so much.

30 June, 2006 21:14  
Blogger David Vance said...

Signed up here as well. It's a great idea.

03 July, 2006 19:05  
Blogger City Troll said...

Wonderful David - thank you!

03 July, 2006 23:33  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Of course - that was me above using Troll's computer.

04 July, 2006 00:43  

Post a Comment

<< Home