.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Grizzly Mama

There's a Grizzly who has escaped the City of Brotherly Love..(and she's going back to homeschooling!!)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Out of Philly, Pennsylvania, United States

"All who have meditated on the art of governing mankind have been convinced that the fate of empires depends on the education of youth." Aristotle - Greek Philosopher.

Friday, June 09, 2006

Aesop's Fable Friday.

The Farmer and His Sons

A Farmer, being at death's door, and desiring to impart to his Sons a secret of much importance, called them round him and said, "My Sons, I am shortly about to die; I would have you know, therefore, that in my vineyard there lies a hidden treasure. Dig, and you will find it."

As soon as their father was dead, the Sons took spade and fork and turned up the soil of the vineyard over and over again, in their search for the treasure which they supposed to lie buried there. They found none; however the vines, after so thorough a digging, produced a crop such as had never before been seen.

Moral of the story: More treasure than gold can be found beneath the sun.

School's out!! Hurray! The girls worked hard this year and did a beautiful job. Grizzly Mama needs a bit of a rest too. I am looking forward to some fun in the sun. Next up will be a look at Cubed's next essay in her excellent series on Education and Jihad. So - gird your loins (as they say..) and get ready for her fearless look at the ugly truth. We must be brave. We will be brave together.

7 Comments:

Blogger Fr. Adrian said...

Great story Monica.
Reminds me of George Bush senior telling his son to go to Iraq and dig for WMD. They found no WMD but 200 million barrels a day of oil instead.

10 June, 2006 01:38  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Adrian! How are you? How's India?

Thank you for your comments. I love them!

10 June, 2006 15:54  
Blogger NotClauswitz said...

Talking about diet and health, this place serves food besides their famous signs with attitude - but where's North Versailles, PA?? I wAZNna go eat there - or I'll buy you dinner if you go.

12 June, 2006 19:29  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Dirtcrasr - someone down at the neighborhood store was telling me about this guys signs just last night. He's outside of Pittsburgh. A long-ass way away. :-(

I'm so glad you gave this link. From there I went to his website. He has a page with a whole bunch of his signs. They're great. The true American attitude - a rough cut gem!

12 June, 2006 23:25  
Blogger Laura said...

And that was probably the last crop of abundance in grapes that the sons would ever produce. Unless, they were able to put two and two together. But something tells me their greed blinded them to what was right in front of their eyes.

Glad summer has come to the Grizzly Home. :)

13 June, 2006 12:00  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

I am feeling quite hopeful that the young men understood the riches that were right there in front of them. It would be typically human to miss it though, wouldn't it?

Thanks Alicenot. The last 2 days have been wonderful! No school. I can't believe how much laundry I am able to get done now! :-D

13 June, 2006 23:44  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Oh Sam. Thanks for the info. I hadn't heard about sheep sorrel - but I had heard about wheat grass and calcium. Thanks. What do you think of the Coral Calcium that seems to be the hottest rage?

14 June, 2006 00:43  

Post a Comment

<< Home