.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Grizzly Mama

There's a Grizzly who has escaped the City of Brotherly Love..(and she's going back to homeschooling!!)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Out of Philly, Pennsylvania, United States

"All who have meditated on the art of governing mankind have been convinced that the fate of empires depends on the education of youth." Aristotle - Greek Philosopher.

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Letter to Tom Tancredo.

Dear Representative Tancredo,

I am writing to you because I have a relative who lives in Centennial, CO who just lost his construction job. The reason he lost his job is due to the fact that the Union he worked for decided to employ illegal Mexican aliens.

This issue of the porous borders and the employment of illegal aliens has become top priority for me, as it has for millions of Americans concerned about homeland security and the full employment of American citizens with skills and experience. Americans who are ready, willing and able to work. Americans who need jobs to survive and thrive.

The union in question is Carpenter's Union Local 515. The job site is Memorial Hospital in Colorado Springs. The union gave this Journeyman relative of mine (with over a decade of experience in construction) the reason for his abrupt dimissal. It was that he was not productive enough. My relative tried to explain that quite a bit of his time is spent in fixing the mistakes of the illegals on the job.

I am alarmed for a couple of reasons - not least of which is my relative's sudden unemployment. I am also alarmed because apparently substandard work is acceptable in the United States of America. We're talking about a hospital here. Even if it weren't a hospital - we do not live in a third world country where dismal construction standards endanger the lives of those who occupy the buildings. We have building codes for a reason here in the USofA.

I would appreciate your attention to this matter. I know that I can trust you to keep America's safety and prosperity in mind. I also appreciate your efforts in the wider political arena as you have brought the concerns of a great number of Americans to light.

Thank you,
Monica RXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXX, PA XXXXX
MonicaRose@XXXX.com

4 Comments:

Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Thank you Grunt. I have heard this before - you are not the first to tell me. There is a lot to sort out and quite frankly I don't know what is the truth anymore and what isn't in some cases.

The AMA wields a lot of power and I know that if they don't want a treatment to be used then it will not be used in this country no matter how much data one has to support it. I have experience with being on the receiving end of 'controversial' treatments that were successful. Not for cancer but for other things. The doctors who used them and had data from research to back them up were vilified by the medical establishment.

It's a shame. There is more behind cloning embryos than just harvesting stem cells - that is for certain.

Adult stem cells are being tested and have shown success in several areas. I believe that harvesting cord blood - which would not require the destruction of a human life - has shown promise as well.

09 June, 2006 19:24  
Blogger Alan said...

Monica,

I'm sorry to hear about your relative's situation. I am just back to work myself after too many months of unemployment. I also agree with you that current immigration laws have to be enforced.

What is confusing me is who was employing your relative? Was he really working for the union or for the hospital? The hospital apparently employed the illegal aliens who were presumably members of the carpenter's local. I believe that anyone involved in the employment of illegal aliens should be prosecuted, but I'm not sure here who the employer was.

09 June, 2006 23:14  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

It appears that the hospital contracted with the union to do the construction. As a journeyman - my relative was making $21.00 p/hour plus benefits and that's from the UNION. The union is now utilizing illegals and paying them much less p/hour yet still collecting the same money from the hospital for the contract and - what are they doing - pocketing the rest? Probably. I have heard this is the way that the pipefitter's and carpenter's unions work. This is how I understand the situation Alan and perhaps I've misunderstood.

Troll informs me that the unions are fighting for open borders and amnesty for illegals. I guess it makes sense that they would be taking that position because union membership has been dropping.

The union situation here in PA is a completely different ball of wax than the union situation in CO. I grew up in CO and whenever I worked a job with a union, membership in the union was voluntary. Here in PA it is not. If you're working for a company whose workers are represented by a union you are required to join that union. The unions control Philly to the point that if you hire a non-union, say roofer, to do your roof on your house and the roofer's union gets wind of it they will come and throw your roofer right off that roof. It's happened. Same with electricians. Those union thugs will beat that guy up and bad. It's a disgrace.

10 June, 2006 00:24  
Blogger tshsmom said...

Whatever happened to pride in workmanship?!
There is more to this country than pursuit of the almighty dollar!

We have the same bad experience with unions here in MN, as you do in PA. I've witnessed union sanctioned riots, and it's not a pretty sight! :(

11 June, 2006 09:48  

Post a Comment

<< Home