.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Grizzly Mama

There's a Grizzly who has escaped the City of Brotherly Love..(and she's going back to homeschooling!!)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Out of Philly, Pennsylvania, United States

"All who have meditated on the art of governing mankind have been convinced that the fate of empires depends on the education of youth." Aristotle - Greek Philosopher.

Sunday, August 24, 2008

First Day of School

Oh my God. I can't believe that this day is here. Tomorrow. Just a few scant hours from now.

They are a bit nervous - and I am a frigging wreck. I have this entire week off - thank goodness. The first day of school is a half day. Then they are off this coming Friday and Labor day Monday. They are easing the kids into the school routine, I guess.

I will post pictures of the momentous event.

***** UPDATE *****

Here are my big school girls:






Grizzly Mama isn't doing as well as they are!



We got them unloaded and off to their respective areas at school. Then I went to the local hardware store and got a free fly swatter. Wooo-Hooo! Next stop - WalMart.

5 Comments:

Blogger tweetey30 said...

Its not easy seeing your littles off and then going to the store alone. Its a nervous breakdown. But you will be fine and so will they. Congrats little cubs for your choice. And yours for being there to support there choice Grizzly Mama..

25 August, 2008 16:48  
Blogger Most Rev. Gregori said...

Those are really cute girls and they look great in their uniforms.

Fix yourself a nice class of warm milk and honey, sit back and calm your nerves, you will get through it.

God Bless

25 August, 2008 22:23  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Thanks Tweetey. It's a great little school but it is still a huge step for us - - and I do hope that I am not making a mistake. Going to the store was, like, really easy...

Thank you Father! I had a cup of tea and will need another tomorrow. When they wear their plaids I will put another pic of them up. These are their summer uniforms.

25 August, 2008 22:45  
Blogger NotClauswitz said...

Too Cute! You're not so bad either - and poor Grizzly Papa is gonna have his hands full when they become teenagers. ;-)

28 August, 2008 17:01  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Thanks, DC!

29 August, 2008 01:41  

Post a Comment

<< Home