.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Grizzly Mama

There's a Grizzly who has escaped the City of Brotherly Love..(and she's going back to homeschooling!!)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Out of Philly, Pennsylvania, United States

"All who have meditated on the art of governing mankind have been convinced that the fate of empires depends on the education of youth." Aristotle - Greek Philosopher.

Friday, March 07, 2008

Graveyard Shift



Old Grizzly Mama is back to working 'graves'. It's a shock to the system for all of us. I started the job halfway through recovery from the flu. Here's the other thing - I started smoking again because it was the only thing that would help my cough. Is that stupid, or what??! I had to partake hourly to assist in the paralysis of my lungs. It's the only thing that stopped the spasmodic, yet unproductive, cough. I am finally well so I will stop smoking again this week.

The girls are being assessed this week coming up as part of their application for school. They are totally excited. How did I end up with such nice kids?

Other things on my mind: The dollar, oil prices, housing prices, California courts attempting to outlaw homeschooling, a good thing about McCain: his position on health care, getting ready for the little one's First Communion, missing the girls, getting used to having enough money for all of the bills and then some, sick of cold and ready for spring, what to plant in the garden, not getting enough sleep...

6 Comments:

Blogger Ca... said...

"...not getting enough sleep..."
And you never will. 'chuckle'

07 March, 2008 21:15  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

CA - I figure that at just about the time that I'll have TIME to sleep, I'll be in that 'old-age, getting up at 4 a.m. whether I want to or not' thing..lol

08 March, 2008 23:32  
Blogger tshsmom said...

I'm happy to see that you're starting to settle into the work routine. I MISSED you!
It's hard to find time to post when our plates are so full, isn't it?

Nobody believes me when I tell them that smoking can inhibit coughing. I'm glad somebody agrees with me! ;)

09 March, 2008 16:40  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Aw - thanks Tshsmom! I have missed visiting my bloggy friends. My new job blocks access to any blog, so I have to try to do this when I get a free minute.

I'm so glad someone else has heard of the smoking/cough thing. I thought I was just nuts - but honestly it really did help. When I was recovering from the births of my girls, I had postpartum blood pressure problems, and having a cigarette actually lowered my blood pressure, too. Crazy, huh? I sat with my blood pressure monitor and watched the numbers go down...

10 March, 2008 00:30  
Blogger Mike's America said...

internet access should be a workers right. No doubt Obama will get that as part of his platform. But I imagine he'll also insist everyone has His Pastor Jeremiah Wright's web page as our mandatory home page.

15 March, 2008 23:40  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

I do have internet access at work, Mike - just no blogs - no LGF, either. Isn't that pastor of Obama's AWFUL??! He's horrible, but I see that Hussein Obama has issued a halfhearted denunciation of his terrible and racist views - and his hatred of America. Although Obama's wife has no problem saying how much she hates America. lol. Poor thing. She's well educated, wealthy, free to do what she wants and when she wants. Can we all shed a tear for her horrible station in life in this hateful America?

16 March, 2008 08:42  

Post a Comment

<< Home