Ah. The task:
The nasty upstairs bathroom window. Home of the dirty and hated mini-blind with sad valance.
I immediately saw that I had a problem. It is the roll of vinyl - 'Rhapsody' - that caused so much botheration. It was of a size that I could only cut 2 panes, side by side across, and 2 panes up the length. I have 12 panes that need to covered. I would have preferred that the design reflected seamlessly from pane to pane. It was not to be. I had 2 rolls of the stuff and I refuse to buy anymore. We tried several different possibilities. Worked it as hard as we could. Finally it was time to just make the first cut - and to hell with what happens next. Troll came home from work in the middle of it all. Here is what we decided. The bottom six panes would be covered - the top six panes would not. The valance was washed, dried, ironed and installed with the proper curtain rod in that 3 inch rod pocket.
We have convinced ourselves that we would prefer it this way. More light, you know. It is on the 2nd floor, so privacy is assured. When the trees have their leaves outside that window, it will be nice to see them.
It looks beautiful at night from outside - when the light is on in the bathroom. I tried to get a picture of it, but it didn't work well at all:
I also think that the valance looks so much nicer with the proper rod in the wide pocket:
It's a much nicer view from the throne, now. Relaxing. One must be relaxed in order for things to work properly.
We have identified yet another problem window. It's in the vestibule where the coat hooks and boot mats are. It's the last one, I swear! Whoops - actually it isn't. The school room hasn't even been touched. *sigh* I had completely put that out of my mind.