.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Grizzly Mama

There's a Grizzly who has escaped the City of Brotherly Love..(and she's going back to homeschooling!!)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Out of Philly, Pennsylvania, United States

"All who have meditated on the art of governing mankind have been convinced that the fate of empires depends on the education of youth." Aristotle - Greek Philosopher.

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

I Am Totally Exhausted


Grizzly Mama's done - she's grizzled. I can barely lift my arms and I just want to sleep for 2 days, now. The level of activity for this household has increased beyond what I am capable of dealing with. If it's not practices, it's concerts. If it's not concerts, it's Christmas activities. If it's not Christmas activities, it's community service projects. If it's not community service projects, it's shopping. If it's not shopping, it's doing laundry. If it's not doing laundry, it's working. If it's not working, it's getting the tree up and decorated. If it's not getting the tree up and decorated, it's vacuuming up the needles. If it's not vacuuming up the needles, it's getting the greens hung. If it's not getting the greens hung, it's getting all the outdoor lighting set. If it's not getting the outdoor lighting set, well. You get the idea.

I'm done. I'm taking a day off. Well - not totally off. We'll be baking cookies for a Christmas party that's coming up next week. Spritz. My favorite. We're bagging the co-op tomorrow morning, due to weather and the fact that Troll is taking my favoritist SUV into Philly for his commute - leaving me with that sportish type car that's no good in the snow - and we're supposed to get snow, ice, sleet - whatever - tomorrow in the a.m. I'm not driving in it. No.

We're going to bake cookies, do a couple of lessons, take long hot showers and I am going to try to chill out for a bit. Then we can face that BEAR of a Friday refreshed. (hopefully)

7 Comments:

Blogger tweetey30 said...

Ok you think you are busy now wait till they go to school if they decide to go... I mean right now you have the run of the hous and go when you feel like it so just be careful with both decisions. I know this wasnt that post but it goes hand in hand really. Take care and enjoy your partial day off.

13 December, 2007 11:00  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

It doesn't seem to matter whether they are in a traditional school or not, does it? lol.

13 December, 2007 11:42  
Blogger Abouna said...

AAH yes, nothing Like a warm bath and a nice snooze to refresh the mind and get back in focus.

14 December, 2007 22:53  
Blogger Mr. Grey Ghost said...

Hey, a grizzy mama deserves all the rest she can get!

16 December, 2007 02:24  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Abouna and Mr. GG - so true and thank you. We had a nice rest-day, and those long hot showers and a good nights sleep for all made a big difference.

17 December, 2007 11:44  
Blogger Dionne said...

I could've done a post with this title almost every day for the last 2 weeks or so. I'm about ready to collapse but we leave to go out of town on Friday and I told my Mom that I'm going to sleep for like 2 days when I get to her house ;-).

20 December, 2007 02:18  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Oh, Dee - I hear you. I hope that you can get that rest! We have been taking school very easy, and not having to get up early for any activities, and I'm still beat myself...

20 December, 2007 17:46  

Post a Comment

<< Home