.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Grizzly Mama

There's a Grizzly who has escaped the City of Brotherly Love..(and she's going back to homeschooling!!)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Out of Philly, Pennsylvania, United States

"All who have meditated on the art of governing mankind have been convinced that the fate of empires depends on the education of youth." Aristotle - Greek Philosopher.

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Twisted Sister

Or:

Subjects and Predicates Assessment For My 2nd Grader.

The little one is a trip. I'm telling you - this girl was BORN like this. I have to share her answers with you. When she shared what she had written, we all laughed so hard that we couldn't concentrate until we had rested for a bit. Here is what this part of her assessment looked like:

'Complete each sentence by adding the subject or predicate that is missing.'

1. ____________ dug a hole.

2. The birds ______________.

3. A big truck _____________.

4. The little baby _______________.

5. ______________ ate my lunch.


Okay? Easy enough, right? Here we show her answers in purple:


1. I dug a hole.

2. The birds die.

3. A big truck falls.

4. The little baby vomited.

5. My cat ate my lunch.


I'm just not sure what to make of it. My older daughter was all flowers and smileys and butterflies and giggles. THIS one, though. She is a plumb trip. On the plus side - she spelled 'vomited' correctly.

9 Comments:

Blogger BillT said...

"Spelled Vomited Correctly."

With her darker side and good grammar, teach her how to write well. She's suited for it... ;)

20 September, 2007 09:56  
Blogger tweetey30 said...

She is so cute. I should put up one of Kora recent filling sentences things. We bought her some work books from Fisher Price from the dollar store and you shoudl have heard her first answers on some of them. LOL.. but glad to know she is an A student in writing.

20 September, 2007 14:06  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Yes Billt - she is my dark one with a wickedly caustic sense of humor. My girls are complete opposites. They're both just awesome in their own way.

Tweetey - LOL. I try hard not to censor them - even though I'm thinking inside, 'Shouldn't we try to make this nice and pretty?' ;-)

20 September, 2007 23:12  
Blogger NotClauswitz said...

Sure her name isn't "Wednesday"? :-)

21 September, 2007 13:54  
Blogger The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

Lol....that's twisted awesome!

21 September, 2007 15:52  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Dirtcrashr - her daddy has actually (affectionately) called her that. lol.

I'm glad that you can appreciate it, Wordsmith. Not many people know how to take her. I tell them - just enjoy it, she's a lot of fun!

22 September, 2007 00:00  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh--that's too funny!

I'm so competitive, I had to ask Thomas to try it (he's a second-grader, too). He gave the conventional answers (A man, flew, drove, cried, A boy). After your daughter's creativity, I was a little bit disappointed.

Silly me!

28 September, 2007 11:50  
Blogger Kate said...

i love it
i love it
i love it!

28 September, 2007 21:12  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Karen - thanks, lol! I was taken aback by her answers - not very nice, are they? The birthday card that she picked out for Mom-Mom the other day is just a trip. Oh. She's bad. ;-)

Thanks Kate. Are any of your kids whacky like mine??

28 September, 2007 23:37  

Post a Comment

<< Home