.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Grizzly Mama

There's a Grizzly who has escaped the City of Brotherly Love..(and she's going back to homeschooling!!)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Out of Philly, Pennsylvania, United States

"All who have meditated on the art of governing mankind have been convinced that the fate of empires depends on the education of youth." Aristotle - Greek Philosopher.

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

The Americans are not giving up

Neither are the Iraqi.

Matt Sanchez, a Marine reservist, presently embedded with The 1-4 Cav in Baghdad, reports. Let us take a little trip - take a little trip, with me:

"Iraqi kids are plentiful, and unabashed by the presence of American military."

"...what is striking is how unafraid the children are of towering soldiers in complete body armor, dark glasses and imposing weaponry."

"On one block, the 1-4 Cav is such a frequent guest that the children follow them around. Despite the heat, heavy body armor and the constant threat of enemy attack, I have never seen a member of the military lose his or her temper..."

"I talked to one young boy who insisted on a picture (the girls are far more shy):
"Are you in school?" He nodded.
"What do you want to be when you grow up?"
"I want to be a doctor."


The boy was 13 years old and living in a country that had many problems, but beyond imagination children know no boundaries. Tomorrow, this child will inherit an Iraq that is built – or destroyed – today."

"Where do you want to live? Do you want to leave Iraq?"
"No, I want to live here in my neighborhood."

"Are you afraid of Americans?"
"I love them!"
"Why?"
"Because they don't shoot at us."



We must not abandon Iraq. Victory!

Also blogging the surge:

Skye,BillT,Donald, and Mike.

If you are also blogging surge news, let me know and of course Grizzly Mama will include your link!

9 Comments:

Blogger Marye said...

awesome post. My husband and I are vets, both involved in military intelligence years ago, he-an Iraqi linguist. My son is in the military currently, has come back from Baghdad a bit ago.. We keep up with the *real* news through our contacts in Iraq and in the military. Awesome that you are letting people know the good stuff. Thank you.
blessings,
marye
http://home-school.contentquake.com

30 August, 2007 10:39  
Blogger tweetey30 said...

That was so sweet. I loved the line that Do you hate American and the boy responded no We love them. That is so special to hear that in a young boys voice and so full of love and appreciation at such a young age. Kids know how they feel and they will let an adult know too when they are ready. I am glad the military lets them walk with them when they are in the area.

30 August, 2007 11:35  
Blogger BillT said...

Great post, will link this one up soon.

30 August, 2007 16:08  
Blogger Skye said...

Do you hate American and the boy responded no We love them.


Apparently this little boy has never met an American Democrat - thank God!

I will be linking this story along with tonights Surge Notes.

Thanks for you help in this endeavor, Monica.

PS What plans do you and Troll have for September 15th????

30 August, 2007 19:32  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Thank you Marye for your comment, thank you and your husband for your service to our country and thank your son as well, and I am happy to see him returned home safely after doing his duty. You'll need to be linked on my home educator sidebar - that's what I'm thinking! Give me a few days and it'll be there.

Tweetey, I see SO many stories of our military men and women with the children of Iraq. Every one of them is a heartwarmer. Those kids are beautiful and our military people are the BEST!

Thanks Bill!

Thanks, Skye. OMG - we will be in the middle of packing up for the big move. Plus doing school. I don't think we can do it this time around. We're looking for a place to rent in the boonies tomorrow - we'll be renting for a few months so that we can take our time finding the right house to buy.

30 August, 2007 23:38  
Blogger Vicki Claudio said...

You've got an award!

31 August, 2007 17:27  
Blogger Mike's America said...

Remember that photo of the Iraqi boy kissing the cheek of a U.S. soldier?

http://clarityandresolve.com/archives/kiss.jpg

Your post reminds me that what we are doing in Iraq really is for the children. So they grow up in a country where they aren't afraid the secret police will feed them feet first into a wood chipper or where religious fanatics will cut off their heads for disobeying.

Democrats always claim that whatever policy they endorse is "for the children" but it's hard to see how that would work if they forced us to abandon Iraq and watch as the children are once again slaughtered by the millions.

01 September, 2007 02:06  
Blogger AmPowerBlog said...

Hi Grizzly Mama: Stop by my page and check for posts on the surge, especially those debunking the radical antiwar types and their nihilist spin machinations:

Burean Reflections

01 September, 2007 17:02  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Vicky - what a surprise, thank you! I never thought that I was particularly nice... I will pass it on.

Mike - I have seen so many stories about Iraqi children and their interactions with our military men and women. The vast majority of Americans value children and look at them as precious gold. Those Iraqi children are just beautiful and our men and women are the best.

Thank you Donald! I will add you to my surge blogging list. Thanks for visiting and commenting.

02 September, 2007 16:03  

Post a Comment

<< Home