.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Grizzly Mama

There's a Grizzly who has escaped the City of Brotherly Love..(and she's going back to homeschooling!!)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Out of Philly, Pennsylvania, United States

"All who have meditated on the art of governing mankind have been convinced that the fate of empires depends on the education of youth." Aristotle - Greek Philosopher.

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Grizzly Shocker!


Not only did one of my favoritest bloggers, Always on Watch, give me this award, but so did Vicki at Not Ready For My Burqa! I think Vicki has the best named blog on the planet.

Thank you, ladies. You're very kind, but I believe that you may have had to relax the rules a bit to let me into this club! As per these instructions, now:

I get to have the fun of passing this along to 7 more women bloggers who write about subjects that are often not very nice at all, but try to maintain a courteous and friendly tone at their blogs. As one lady put it, “It just shows that we can get our message across without turning into crass and rude people.”

Here goes!

Cubed at Project Education Renovation.

Jennifer Gallagher at Now For Something Different.

Tweetey at NBR's Spot.

Skye at Ancora Imparo.

Four Inch Heels, who co-posts at The Bill T Blog.

Tshsmom at Homeschooling Tourettes.

Kate at The Tate School.

All of these women are truly nice, truly diplomatic, and good hearted. It makes me wonder, after having nearly ripped a woman's face of just the other night, how I could ever have been mistaken for a nice blogger! ;-) The blogosphere is an amazing 'place', isn't it?

17 Comments:

Blogger Mike's America said...

Even if it weren't limited to women, something tells me I wouldn't win the "nice" award.

Wordsmith thinks I pick on the moonbats too much!

14 September, 2007 03:19  
Blogger Always On Watch said...

I'm not quite sure how I got named to this club.

Glad to see that you named Cubed!

14 September, 2007 07:31  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Monica, thanks for your vote of confidence. It's a tough world and believe me I've been a real bitch at times. The one thing though that someone once told me and I believe it's true is; you can pretty much get an idea of the character of a person by the friends they keep.

14 September, 2007 07:45  
Blogger Kate said...

How sweet! Thanks Monica. I gotta say j_g hit the hammer on the nail with :
"you can pretty much get an idea of the character of a person by the friends they keep"

AMEN TO THAT! i've been saying this to my oldest lately... i think he gets it.

You are wonderful with your words, not ashamed to write/speak the truth of how you feel. Good insight here - always. Thanks for the vote. That picture is hillarious (the shoes filled with flowers!) ;)

14 September, 2007 08:56  
Blogger BillT said...

The heeled one will be thrilled when she's back from vacation.

14 September, 2007 13:23  
Blogger tweetey30 said...

I have to say I will do this later on today yet. Give me bit.Kora and i have found a good way to learn to count by two's. I made a grid instead of printing the one you sent me via link. LOL... I cant print anything right now with our printer so I am improvising. LOL... You do what you have to do. But she is so excited about it. All this learning she is doing. I am so proud of her Monica. You know the feeling I am talking about. The accomplishment she is making.

14 September, 2007 14:11  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Thanks y'all!

14 September, 2007 23:33  
Blogger The WordSmith from Nantucket said...


Wordsmith thinks I pick on the moonbats too much!


This is how rumors and stigmas get started.


Congratulations Grizzly Mama!

15 September, 2007 00:19  
Blogger tshsmom said...

Thanks Monica!
I didn't feel particularly nice when I saw this yesterday. I'd just had one of the worst days at work that I've ever had in 30 years of waitressing! Your confidence in me brightened my day!
In honor of the award, I didn't post my "Entitled Rich People Can Rot in Hell" post. I wouldn't want to ruin my "nice" reputation. ;)

BTW, I don't think Vest would agree with you bestowing this award on me.

15 September, 2007 07:51  
Blogger tweetey30 said...

Your welcome and I posted it yesterday afternoon when I got done with Kora and cleaning. I seem to be doing something always but that is part of having ahouse right?? LOL..

15 September, 2007 10:39  
Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

You tagged Tshsmom and Tweety. Dang, I got tagged this same one and wanted to tag Tweety and I knew Tshsmom was already tagged. Oh well.

An awesome thing to be tagged. I'll definitely have to come back here again. :)

15 September, 2007 15:26  
Blogger tshsmom said...

ZS, It's about time you and Monica discovered each other. You two have a lot in common! ;)

16 September, 2007 08:52  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm back from the mission and have left my mission debriefing on my blog;-) Could of used the Troll and you for some back up but I understand you have your hands full right now. I wuz thinking about yoose when I was in Washington

16 September, 2007 21:06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Griz,

My apologies for being late - as you know, the summer has not gone as planned, and I am truly slow on the draw.

Thank you so much for the nomination! Once about 50 years ago, I won a cake at a "cake walk" at a friend's birthday party, and about 30 years ago I won a kerosene heater at the local hardware store, but this is head and shoulders above those!

Being "nice" isn't the easiest thing to do these days, considering the nature of the problems we are facing, so this nomination really means a lot. Underneath it all, I am so angry, and I think very petty thoughts!

17 September, 2007 18:30  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cubed here. I keep forgetting that Blogger calls me "Ann." ARGH!

17 September, 2007 18:32  
Blogger FourInchHeels said...

Thrlled to be tagged like this! Thank you so much, Monica. I feel honored to be in such great company.

20 September, 2007 12:36  
Blogger Unknown said...

"10 bestTcuson"


I know that it is a tough world and believe me, sometimes it is quite hard to survive here but you can pretty much get an idea of the character of a person by the friends they keep.

www.10besttucson.com

13 October, 2007 05:25  

Post a Comment

<< Home