.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Grizzly Mama

There's a Grizzly who has escaped the City of Brotherly Love..(and she's going back to homeschooling!!)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Out of Philly, Pennsylvania, United States

"All who have meditated on the art of governing mankind have been convinced that the fate of empires depends on the education of youth." Aristotle - Greek Philosopher.

Monday, September 10, 2007

Blogging the Surge

We saw Petraeus on FoxNews with Brit Hume. I believe that the information that he shared shows that the Surge has been very effective. In fact, as Dubya said to the citizens down under, "We're kicking ass!"

The Department of Defense has an article up with a link to the slides that Petraeus used to illustrate the progress in Iraq. The slides are PDF - be warned!

I,being an old Grizzly Mama who can't get past this nasty PDF stuff, found the slides in a proper format at Talking Points Memo. They are 2 clever by 1/2 to have this whole puppy available without having to deal with Adobe. Power Line Blog also has several of the slides available for your easy viewing.

Here are some pretty pictures for you to look at. Of course, it's not all just a pretty face, there is some very important information to be gleaned from the graphics! Information that I think the insane "Pull Out of Iraq Now" democrats would hate to see. Progress, for God sakes!

*P*R*O*G*R*E*S*S*














Is it perfect?? No. Is it dangerous?? Yes. Do we win if we quit?? No. Victory - victory for a free Iraq!

Also blogging the surge:

Skye,BillT,Donald,Wordsmith, and Mike.

If you are also blogging surge news, let me know and of course Grizzly Mama will include your link!

8 Comments:

Blogger Skye said...

Yeah! Good to see the data that supports W's phrase!

This report and the reactions from the Dems, liberal and conservatives will definitively reveal what side of the line we stand on.

I hope the Dems are comfortable with burkas...

10 September, 2007 23:41  
Blogger Mike's America said...

Glad you found the slides in an easier to use format. I'm not a big fan of working with PDF's either, but did manage to copy some of the graphics.

Pretty undeniable that the surge IS working. Democrats are trying to play their usual funny games with the numbers, but I think most people can see through their efforts.

Don't we have a Bush surge speech this week too?

10 September, 2007 23:45  
Blogger tweetey30 said...

I have to say is that we are there because some people decided to drive planes into four places over here and we had hundreds of people killed on that day. Its sad and we look back but now that we are over there we cant pull out just yet. I heard something on the news just last night again or the night before and they were talking about pulling out troops out of Iraq again. I have no clue what that means for us but I think it means another attack if we leave to soon to be honest.

11 September, 2007 08:08  
Blogger BillT said...

Good work with the charts. You and Skye are nailing this. Well done. Will link you up tomorrow.

11 September, 2007 14:46  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Thanks all for commenting. Petreaus was great - I really loved his graphs, too. lol.

The surge is working, yet I read a comment over at my favorite Limey blog recently and it appears to be the case that many of our cousins across the big waters believe that America has given up.

We're killing those bastards by the thousands - and that is the only way to deal with them.

11 September, 2007 23:00  
Blogger Gayle said...

Thanks! I hate the PDF format almost as much as I hate the New York Times and moveon.org!

I heard that the President is supposed to address the nation either this Thursday or Friday.

12 September, 2007 08:48  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

LOL Gayle! I've been in la-la land with the insanity of the house sale - I hadn't heard that Dubya was speaking later this week. Thanks - I will be sure to spare some energy to see it.

12 September, 2007 10:55  
Blogger NotClauswitz said...

The Democrats plan to lose will be foiled if we win, therefore it's imperative that we lose!

13 September, 2007 12:26  

Post a Comment

<< Home