.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Grizzly Mama

There's a Grizzly who has escaped the City of Brotherly Love..(and she's going back to homeschooling!!)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Out of Philly, Pennsylvania, United States

"All who have meditated on the art of governing mankind have been convinced that the fate of empires depends on the education of youth." Aristotle - Greek Philosopher.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

I am voting. Are you?

C'mon now. Get on up off of that duff. Head on over to the polling place and have your say. You'll probably get some coffee and doughnuts as a prize.

May I also suggest voting Republican? If you:

1. Care about keeping taxes low - go for the Republican lever.
2. Care about continuing the global fight against islamofascists - Republican.
3. Want no amnesty for illegal immigrants - Republican.
4. Want the NSA to continue surveillance of terrorist communications - Republican.
5. Want the border wall to be funded - Republican.
6. Care about recognition of parental rights - Republican.
7. Want to stay in Iraq until the job is done - Republican.
8. Would like to drill oil domestically - Republican.
9. Care about ridding the judicial system of activist judges - Republican.
10. Want choice in your childrens education - Republican.

7 Comments:

Blogger Mike's America said...

Great graphic. The donkey in the lion skin pretending to be something he is not is still true today.

VOTE TODAY LIKE YOUR LIFE DEPENDED ON IT!

because it does!

07 November, 2006 06:59  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

I am glad you like the cartoon. I agree that this is a very important election. Hopefully the elephant won't fall into that big hole!

07 November, 2006 10:40  
Blogger Skye said...

Voted!!

Damn it felt good :)

07 November, 2006 18:28  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Me too Skye. I didn't work the polls this year though. Working the polls is totally cool.

07 November, 2006 20:53  
Blogger Kate said...

Oh Monica, I'd love to see you working the polls down here some day! That would rock! I heard PA had some rough moments with the machines today... yikes. I voted in all my glory. And I must must confess, and only here will I confess, I voted against one republican. It felt weird, but Sonny is not a republican. He's a democrat dressed in republican clothing. And I didn't vote for the Dem. in place of him. I felt like I threw my vote away but I was trying to make a point. But it does not matter because Sonny won by a huge percent, thus far. Ok, I'm rambling... but I took the kids and we whispered among ourselves as I cast each ballot. It was a nice little history lesson! But right now, the results are coming in and it's not looking so great for the Repub's. Not good.

07 November, 2006 22:52  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

The girls love to come and vote. I think it might be the candy and doughnuts that are served there. The ladies checking us in make a big fuss over them, too.

I have split my ticket in the past and I have also refrained from voting for any candidate in certain situations. You didn't throw your vote away, Kate. No way! Now - back when I voted for Perot - THAT one came back to bite me. lol.

07 November, 2006 23:39  
Blogger Kate said...

Yeah you're right, I didn't throw it away... it's just a blah day today. It's not something I can just chew up and spit out. It's gonna be a bad taste for a number of years (I am thinking)... ugh. And now they are gaming on that monster Hil. Lord lord. Ok... well, off to make dinner!

08 November, 2006 18:02  

Post a Comment

<< Home