.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Grizzly Mama

There's a Grizzly who has escaped the City of Brotherly Love..(and she's going back to homeschooling!!)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Out of Philly, Pennsylvania, United States

"All who have meditated on the art of governing mankind have been convinced that the fate of empires depends on the education of youth." Aristotle - Greek Philosopher.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Chamomile Flowers and Eucalyptus.

Grizzly Mama has run out of Chamomile flowers. How could I have let this happen?!? I ordered some and they should be here soon - until then I will have to suffer with the Tussin and the Fisherman's Friends and some hot tea and soup.

This nasty bug has got ahold of me and won't let go. Thank God the girls have escaped with nothing but a sniffle for a couple of days. (They have wonderful little immune systems, don't they? I'm so proud.)

It sucks getting old. It gets into my lungs and I am screwed. I hate taking antibiotics. I will if I have to, but I don't have to yet. If the chamomile doesn't get here soon I may have to resort to conventional medicine on this one.

11 Comments:

Blogger atheling2 said...

Grizzly Mom,

Sorry to hear you're under the weather. Lots of vitamin C and chicken soup helps. Keep that stuff out of your lungs so don't do any dairy!

Hope you feel better soon!

17 October, 2006 14:15  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Thank you atheling. It's a nasty one and definitely no dairy.

17 October, 2006 23:51  
Blogger tshsmom said...

I think it has more to do with genes, than age. My Dad's side of the family is prone to bronchial problems. I've always had a problem with colds and flu settling in my chest.

18 October, 2006 17:50  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

I have too, tshsmom. It's just getting harder to shake it as I get older. :-(

19 October, 2006 01:45  
Blogger atheling2 said...

There's a Chinese herbal remedy called "Yin Chao" which is a combination of herbs that help prevent colds and flu from settling into your lungs. I usually buy it in Chinatown where it's much cheaper, but you may find it in a health food store. I've used it for years and it has served me and my family well.

19 October, 2006 17:28  
Blogger Dionne said...

I hope you're feeling better soon. It sucks to be sick.

19 October, 2006 23:17  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Thank you atheling and LMC. Also - I found a chinese herbalist in Chinatown (there are several actually) but I will most definitely get some of that "Yin Chao".

I think I'll drag the girlies down there next week. They would love it.

20 October, 2006 00:02  
Blogger Mike's America said...

How many times do I have to say this? Green Tea with Echinacea (the brand that has zinc and vitamin C is best) along with fresh squeezed lemon.

22 October, 2006 01:39  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

You're right Mike. Echinacea is good. I am not sure about this green tea kick. Seems like a fad to me. I am sure that green tea is not bad for you. I am just skeptical about how it is touted as a cure all.

22 October, 2006 12:09  
Blogger Mike's America said...

They say that Green Tea is loaded with lots of stuff that is good for you. But the combination with Echinacea and zinc and vitamin C in a tea with fresh lemon gives you your fluids, opens bronchial passages and the lemon cuts down on viruses and germs.

But you would have to drink it hot every few hours if you are really feeling awful.

22 October, 2006 21:54  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Thanks Mike. It sounds very soothing.

22 October, 2006 23:45  

Post a Comment

<< Home