.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Grizzly Mama

There's a Grizzly who has escaped the City of Brotherly Love..(and she's going back to homeschooling!!)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Out of Philly, Pennsylvania, United States

"All who have meditated on the art of governing mankind have been convinced that the fate of empires depends on the education of youth." Aristotle - Greek Philosopher.

Friday, November 03, 2006

Aesop's Fable Friday

The Crab and the Fox

A Crab once left the seashore and went and settled in a meadow some way inland, which looked very nice and green and seemed likely to be a good place to feed in.

But a hungry Fox came along and spied the Crab and caught him.

Just as he was going to be eaten up, the Crab said, "This is just what I deserve; for I had no business to leave my natural home by the sea and settle here as though I belonged to the land."

Moral of the story: Be happy with what you have.

Here I go again. I have to disagree with that moral. Seems to me it ought to be something like, 'Only fools try to be what they are not.'

5 Comments:

Blogger dcat said...

Yes especially the ones that dodged drinking poison because of the Mr. yuck stickers!

Now we all have to deal with them!

04 November, 2006 11:39  
Blogger Gavin said...

Hmmm...I think that the poor crab was just unlucky to meet that fox. He didn't deserve to get eaten just because he wanted to do a bit of travelling.

04 November, 2006 13:18  
Blogger atheling2 said...

Well, I think the crab went where he shouldn't have gone. Crabs are meant to live by water; a meadow is not his natural habitat.

So the moral does fit.

04 November, 2006 16:18  
Blogger Mike's America said...

I don't know... seems that both morals are about the same.

04 November, 2006 19:06  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

You all have good points. I think he was a very foolish crab indeed. What is there for a crab to eat in a meadow?

04 November, 2006 22:25  

Post a Comment

<< Home