.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Grizzly Mama

There's a Grizzly who has escaped the City of Brotherly Love..(and she's going back to homeschooling!!)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Out of Philly, Pennsylvania, United States

"All who have meditated on the art of governing mankind have been convinced that the fate of empires depends on the education of youth." Aristotle - Greek Philosopher.

Saturday, October 27, 2007

Still trying to get it together


We finally managed to get the master bedroom painted. Dang! Who would paint a room brown? It took 3 coats of antique white eggshell to cover those brown walls and 2 coats to cover the white ceiling. The waterbed gets set up tonight - after Troll gets home from working on his day off. We'll have a bed soon!!!



We are full steam on school. The girls are enrolled in a choir at church, CCD classes, the homeschooler handbell choir, a co-op for Lancaster County home educated kids, they're loving archery, and they will be enrolled in a stroke improvement swimming class for homeschoolers soon. We are also signed up for several lectures at the local library. We attended a lecture last week on Benjamin Franklin - given by Richard Rosen. We loved it - a mixed crowd attended and my girls were only 2 of 3 kids in the audience - but this guy was great and they were fascinated by his presentation. I was, too!


My garage is still full of boxes that haven't been unpacked. I can't find my favorite Pyrex measuring cup - or my favorite set of mixing bowls. They're in there somewhere...


I found a job!! Troll, the girls, and I were strolling around window shopping and I was just saying to Troll, 'Where am I going to find a job that wants someone only 1 night per week?' Lo and behold - a help wanted sign - only 1 evening per week. They hired me on the spot and I love it so far. Better than chasing the crack-heads and fighting with the brothas and sistas cum attitude down at the corner store in the old neighborhood. It was getting bad down there with several threats on my life. lol. Just punks, but they sure do like trying to put the fear into you.


In short - it doesn't feel like home yet but we're very slowly getting there.

7 Comments:

Blogger Mike's America said...

You still haven't got the bed set up? Where have you been sleeping?

Out in the cornfield?

Watch out for crop circles

27 October, 2007 19:46  
Blogger Tina Boyer said...

Who would paint a bedroom brown? Yikes! Glad it only took two and three coats to cover that ugly brown.

Congratulations on the new job! And so quickly, too!

Enjoy settling in.

Amy

27 October, 2007 21:02  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

I know Mike. It wasn't supposed to take this long, but we've a million things to do. I insisted on not putting the bed up until the painting was done. We have been sleeping on a futon, for God's sake. My back is killing me...

ETB - I know! Blue woodwork, too. Yech. I'm leaving the woodwork, I can deal with that for awhile, but the brown walls had to go. Thanks for the good wishes. We're doing our best.

The curtains will be going up in the master bedroom soon - it's going to look really nice. But, you know, the simplest thing is turning into a 1/2 day long project. Everything. Changing a frigging lightbulb is a major undertaking because the ceilings are so high. The windows are giMONGous, too.

27 October, 2007 21:55  
Blogger Mr. Grey Ghost said...

Monica

I painted my room a dark shade of grey once, didnt turn out too bad. More importantly, congrats on landing that job!

29 October, 2007 01:09  
Blogger tweetey30 said...

Sounds like you are very busy. Thanks for the update. I will have a new post up today. LOL...

29 October, 2007 11:08  
Blogger tshsmom said...

Sleeping in your own bed will make it feel more like home.
Celebrating the holidays in a new home always does it for me. ;)

29 October, 2007 17:50  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Thanks Mr. GG. I have seen rooms done beautifully with different colors of paint. Let's just say this brown thing did not work. The walls were brown and then there was a baby nursery type border going around the middle of the walls. Very bizarre... I am not at all brave when it comes to choosing paint colors. I do like the antique white with pure white woodwork. I see it as a blank canvas - yeah, that's it. A blank canvas and then I jazz it up with the items that I put in the room.

Very busy, Tweetey - but every mother that I know understands where I'm at right now!

Tshsmom - sleeping in our own bed has done WONDERS for my attitude! lol. Oh it's so comfy and warm.

06 November, 2007 23:45  

Post a Comment

<< Home