.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Grizzly Mama

There's a Grizzly who has escaped the City of Brotherly Love..(and she's going back to homeschooling!!)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Out of Philly, Pennsylvania, United States

"All who have meditated on the art of governing mankind have been convinced that the fate of empires depends on the education of youth." Aristotle - Greek Philosopher.

Friday, January 12, 2007

Aesop's Fable Friday

The Bull and the Calf

A full-grown Bull was struggling to force his huge bulk through the narrow entrance to a barn where his stall was, when a young Calf came up and said to him, "If you'll step aside a moment, I will show you the way to get through."

The Bull turned upon him with an amused look. "I knew that way," said he, "before you were born."

Moral of the story: Respect the wisdom of those who came before you.

Snot nosed little brat. Give the bull some credit for suffering the little one's foolishness. We were all young and foolish once.

5 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

I live aesop and his fables, you can read my thoughts of the wind and the sun on my blog: Robins-psychology.blogspot.com Thank you, god bless/ robin

13 January, 2007 02:45  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Good luck with your new blog, I left a few comments. Thanks for dropping in and leaving your comment, Robin.

Aesop's Fables seem to be a favorite with many people that I know. I loved them as a kid and my kids love them, too. I hadn't realized how many fables there were and I have enjoyed finding many that I have never heard before.

13 January, 2007 18:21  
Blogger Mike's America said...

I suppose it could be that the old bull had just gotten a bit too fat.

The moral should be a warning to the young calf, because he may have trouble getting through the barn door one day too.

15 January, 2007 17:35  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Yes - and he'll have some young, snot-nosed know-it-all kid trying to give him tips. LOL!

Hopefully he'll remember how patient the old bull was with him when he was young.

16 January, 2007 00:36  
Blogger identity said...

I agree with Mike. The old bull should have been a bit less lippy to the kid. After all, it wasn't the calf who needed to call Jenny Craig.

Enjoy your fables.

16 January, 2007 10:17  

Post a Comment

<< Home