.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Grizzly Mama

There's a Grizzly who has escaped the City of Brotherly Love..(and she's going back to homeschooling!!)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Out of Philly, Pennsylvania, United States

"All who have meditated on the art of governing mankind have been convinced that the fate of empires depends on the education of youth." Aristotle - Greek Philosopher.

Friday, December 22, 2006

Aesop's Fable Friday

The Work Donkey and the Wild Donkey


A Wild Donkey, who was wandering idly about, one day came upon a Work Donkey lying at full length in a sunny spot and thoroughly enjoying himself.

Going up to him, he said, "What a lucky beast you are! Your sleek coat shows how well you live: how I envy you!"

Not long after the Wild Donkey saw his acquaintance again, but this time he was carrying a heavy load, and his driver was following behind and beating him with a thick stick.

"Ah, my friend," said the Wild Donkey, "I don't envy you any more: for I see you pay dear for your comforts."

Moral of the story: Advantages that are dearly bought are doubtful blessings.

Oh alright. I guess that's an okay moral. Somehow it doesn't quite fit to a 'T' for me again. I can't think of anything better. Maybe something about the choice between comfort and freedom. Oh heck - maybe that's what that moral is saying. I'm BEAT!!

I've got some more cookies to bake and the sweet dough to get going. Bathroom to clean and presents to wrap and - oh gosh. All kinds of stuff!

6 Comments:

Blogger tshsmom said...

Chill out, my friend!
NOW is the time that we reap the rewards of all our Christmas labors.
Delegate some chores to Troll and the girls, then relax and soak up the love. BTW, dust and cat hair are invisible in the glow of the tree lights. ;)

23 December, 2006 08:24  
Blogger David Vance said...

Monica,

A very Happy Christmas to you, Troll and the girls. Look forwarding to a great New Year!

23 December, 2006 18:30  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Yes tshsmom - thanks for the reminder! lol. The girlies worked their butts off today getting rid of old toys and reorganizing the space (have to make space for the new!!), and I'll take it out of Troll's hide tomorrow! Then? A glass of wine!!

David - thanks so much. I hope that you have a wonderful holiday week - - and of course a great New Year!

24 December, 2006 00:16  
Blogger Dionne said...

The craziness of Christmas and too much to do. Merry Christmas Monica!!!

24 December, 2006 16:26  
Blogger Skye said...

Merry Christmas, Monica and Paddy! I wish you and your family joy this season!

24 December, 2006 18:11  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Thank you LMC and Skye! I wish the same for you both - a blessed and peaceful Christmas.

25 December, 2006 02:19  

Post a Comment

<< Home