.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Grizzly Mama

There's a Grizzly who has escaped the City of Brotherly Love..(and she's going back to homeschooling!!)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Out of Philly, Pennsylvania, United States

"All who have meditated on the art of governing mankind have been convinced that the fate of empires depends on the education of youth." Aristotle - Greek Philosopher.

Friday, December 15, 2006

Aesop's Fable Friday

The Arab and the Camel


An Arab loaded his Camel, and then asked him whether he preferred to go up or down hill.

"Why do you ask, Master?" said the Camel dryly. "Is the level way across the desert closed?"

Moral of the story: Of what use is it to pretend there is a choice when there is none?

5 Comments:

Blogger Alan said...

Hi, Monica. I wrote a new post on my blog, so come on over and check it out.

BTW, the answer to your Fable question (Of what use is it to pretend there is a choice when there is none?) can be found in the annoying phrase, "I was just messin' with ya."

17 December, 2006 00:52  
Blogger Mike's America said...

Oh here's another one where I just better keep my mouth shut...

I could say soooo much.

18 December, 2006 00:28  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

It's not nice to mess with loaded camels, Alan. ;-)

Mike - I know. Me too. lol

18 December, 2006 01:44  
Blogger The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

Monica,

I saw this cartoon, and thought of you and your Fable Fridays.

18 December, 2006 13:12  
Blogger Mike Slag said...

Another great one from Aesop. Great segment on the blog. I like it.

Alan - Hilarious!

18 December, 2006 17:44  

Post a Comment

<< Home