.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Grizzly Mama

There's a Grizzly who has escaped the City of Brotherly Love..(and she's going back to homeschooling!!)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Out of Philly, Pennsylvania, United States

"All who have meditated on the art of governing mankind have been convinced that the fate of empires depends on the education of youth." Aristotle - Greek Philosopher.

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

One Of My Favorite Gifts This Christmas.



The Politically Incorrect Guide to Islam (And the Crusades), by Robert Spencer.

Actually, I received a Borders gift card. (Love getting gift cards!) The girlies got gift cards, too. We went to the diner for a bite to eat and off to the bookstore we went.

The 10 year old got a little painting kit called OptiArt. She has learned the hard way that she must paint words backward and finish the foreground before the background on these little glass pebbles. The 6 year old got a field guide to edible plants. Just last week she asked if there was such a thing as a book that could tell a person about edible plants with pictures in it. Voila! She is very, very happy with it!

And Lucky Me got the P.I.G. to Islam! I have been skimming through it and I can hardly wait to get into it. Right now I'm finishing up The Honourable Schoolboy - that has not been an easy read. I have been enjoying it but it's not a book that one can just blow through. Westerby may just get out of this little pickle yet. I'm rooting for him and the girl and I never stop rooting for Smiley.

I hope that you received some nice presents, too!

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been thinking about buying that book for a while now, but haven't yet parted with the cash. Will loyal readers be seeing a Grizzly Review at any stage?

27 December, 2006 04:13  
Blogger Always On Watch said...

Monica,
I'm glad that you've bought this book. It's outstanding and user-friendly!

My favorite gift this year--an infidel pig rain-guage. It's already in use and on display.

27 December, 2006 12:10  
Blogger NotClauswitz said...

My Christmas present was the Aimpoint for my National Postal Meter, and especially having my picture accepted for use at the rail-maker's website.

27 December, 2006 18:45  
Blogger Mike's America said...

Is it a coincidence that it's the "P.I.G. to Islam?"

I wonder.

I'll expect a book report... not from the ten year old this time, but from the teacher :)

P.S. Maybe you can Skye could do a series of reports on the topic of your holiday reading assignments.

27 December, 2006 21:55  
Blogger Ca... said...

Merry Christmas and Happy new Year! Put on your goose-bump proof shirt before you get into your book. It's scary!

27 December, 2006 22:52  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Mr Smith - now that you mention it, maybe I will start a new phase in my blogging: Grizzly Reviews. To go along with the Grizzly Reports. I'll let you know if it's worth parting with the cash, but I have an inkling that it most definitely is - - just by skimming through it.

AOW - I hope that you will post a picture of your infidel pig! I want one!!

DC - Congrats on your present and also for having your picture displayed. It is a great picture.

Mike - I thought the same thing - how apropos! There is even a picture of a little pig on the cover. I laughed and laughed at that one! lol. There are many P.I.G. books on other subjects ready to hit the bookstore soon near you. I'll have to check out Skye's blog to see what she's reading.

CA - thanks for the heads-up. The truth can be mighty scary indeed. What is the scariest (I gleaned this from my brief skimming) is how our government seems to be blindly leading this nation into dhimmitude. The American people must have good and honest information if we are to pull ourselves back from the brink!! We cannot allow it.

27 December, 2006 23:40  
Blogger Rocky said...

Monica,
I received the same book for Christmas. I'm looking forward to reading it. Enjoy.

28 December, 2006 18:35  
Blogger tshsmom said...

I could definitely get into that book! Thanks for the tip.

28 December, 2006 20:18  
Blogger Always On Watch said...

Monica,
I have a whole collection of pigs on my front porch. I think I've got some good shots on my digital camera, so I'll be posting them at some point.

29 December, 2006 09:08  
Blogger Skye said...

Books are always a great gift, Monica!

I've started reading Oriana Fallaci's 'The Force of Reason' and can see why libs hated her!

You have to respect her defiance: "No son of allah calling out to punish-the-infidel-bitch in the name of the q'uran is going to frighten me or tire me out. Because my war is right. Legitimate, dutiful, right. It is not true that all wars are wrong. Sometimes they are right. Legitimate, dutiful and right."

....Powerful stuff - she will be missed in this world.

29 December, 2006 23:57  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Rocky - I hope that I can look forward to your review of the book. We'll have to compare notes!

Anytime, tshsmom!

AOW - I saw your New Year's pig. Too cute!

Skye - I had heard Oriana Fallaci was too cool. Love that quote. You got a nice pile of books, too. I'll have to get 'Force of Reason' myself.

31 December, 2006 00:29  
Blogger Skye said...

What do you say, Grizzly Mama? We could cross-post our book reviews?

I've posted a link to 'The Force of Reason' on MidnightBlue.

I encourage everyone posting to read this book.

--------------------------------
P.S. Maybe you can Skye could do a series of reports on the topic of your holiday reading assignments.

31 December, 2006 15:22  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

I'm game, Skye. I will be happy to post links to your reviews. Just remind me, because old Grizzly Mama is a tad forgetful these days! ;-)

02 January, 2007 00:28  

Post a Comment

<< Home