.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Grizzly Mama

There's a Grizzly who has escaped the City of Brotherly Love..(and she's going back to homeschooling!!)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Out of Philly, Pennsylvania, United States

"All who have meditated on the art of governing mankind have been convinced that the fate of empires depends on the education of youth." Aristotle - Greek Philosopher.

Thursday, November 16, 2006

You're The Best Mommy In The Whole Wide World.

My girls tell me this sometimes. Mostly I tell them, 'No! I am the luckiest mommy in the whole wide world!' Sometimes I say, 'What about all those times when I'm a total b*t*h?!' They just laugh. They're awful sweet.

They deserve the best mommy in the whole wide world. Unfortunately I have my not-so-best mommy moments - as we all do. If I'm tired or stressed or feeling overwhelmed. Then I might holler. Or sometimes I'm engrossed in some activity and I'm not listening like I should be.

I always try to remember what my mother tells me, 'Enjoy them - because they will be grown up and gone before you know it.'

I do enjoy them. I like being around my kids. I do my best for them - like I know that most of us do.

We usually end these conversations with an agreement that we are the best family in the entire universe!

8 Comments:

Blogger atheling2 said...

Awwww... that's sweet...

But wait till they become 16. They won't say that to you anymore!

Just teasing (I think). ;)

17 November, 2006 02:01  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Oh yes I have seen the change come over girls when they hit 13 or so.

I was surprised to read that for many homeschoolers, the teenage rebellion was something that was expected but never came to fruition.

We will have to see. I am wondering if that is another part of the 'socialization' process that just doesn't happen the same way with homeschoolers.

17 November, 2006 12:31  
Blogger atheling2 said...

Actually, Monica, after I had posted that cynical comment the thought occurred to me that because you homeschool your girls may not succumb to the same teenage rebellious angst that public (and private) school kids do.

Another good reason to homeschool!

17 November, 2006 14:22  
Blogger tshsmom said...

You wouldn't hear this, as your girlies have always been homeschooled, but...my son says I'm a much better teacher than all the "Bozo" teachers he's had.

17 November, 2006 15:49  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Oh thanks, atheling! lol. Both Troll and I are a bit scared of what's to come with adolescence. We remember how WE were. Yikes.

tshsmom - I agree that homeschooled kids have an opportunity to see their parents in a completely different light. My kids are pretty amazed that I know so much - lol. Of course we've only gotten to 5th grade but I'm holding my own. I remember thinking that my parents were just stupid when I was 14 and 15. I hate to admit that, but that's how I felt. My friends felt that way about their parents at that age, too.

17 November, 2006 23:06  
Blogger City Troll said...

I am not scared I already picked out a nice lovely convent for both of them.....

and if that doesn't work I know a nice place in the mountains I can pitch a tent and hide for a few years.......

18 November, 2006 00:49  
Blogger Gayle said...

It doesn't necessarily ring true that 16 year-olds are no longer affectionate. My daughter who is now in college tells me she loves me all the time. She's home visiting for a week and went to church with us this morning. She held my hand through the entire service, just like she always has. :)

19 November, 2006 15:10  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

No convents Troll. Grizzly Mama vetoes that one. ;-)

Gayle - that is so sweet. One older mother told me years ago that your daughters always come back to you. Then she started crying and so did I.

20 November, 2006 00:16  

Post a Comment

<< Home