.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Grizzly Mama

There's a Grizzly who has escaped the City of Brotherly Love..(and she's going back to homeschooling!!)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Out of Philly, Pennsylvania, United States

"All who have meditated on the art of governing mankind have been convinced that the fate of empires depends on the education of youth." Aristotle - Greek Philosopher.

Friday, November 17, 2006

Aesop's Fable Friday

The Peacock and the Crane


A Peacock teased a Crane about the dullness of his plumage. "Look at my brilliant colors," said he, "and see how much finer they are than your poor feathers."

"I am not denying," replied the Crane, "that yours are far brighter than mine; but when it comes to flying I can soar into the clouds, whereas you are confined to the earth like any plain chicken."

Moral of the story: Looks aren't everything.


Whew! That crane really gave it back to him, didn't he? Not only did he put the knife in, but he gave it an extra turn!

2 Comments:

Blogger Gayle said...

That crane just reminded me that I am confined to the earth just like any plain chicken! Mean old crane! I always wanted to be able to fly without a plane. LOL!

19 November, 2006 15:12  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Gayle - it would be something to be able to fly. I've had only one flying dream in my life but it was grand. My husband has flying dreams all the time.

Skye - you're bad. lol! Those democrats are some dogs, though, aren't they?

20 November, 2006 00:11  

Post a Comment

<< Home