.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Grizzly Mama

There's a Grizzly who has escaped the City of Brotherly Love..(and she's going back to homeschooling!!)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Out of Philly, Pennsylvania, United States

"All who have meditated on the art of governing mankind have been convinced that the fate of empires depends on the education of youth." Aristotle - Greek Philosopher.

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Moslems On The Rampage - and some other stuff.

It doesn't take much to get the Moslems to riot, threaten and burn things, does it? I am getting very tired of them. No apology necessary from the Pope as far as I am concerned. After much deliberation and hearing many sides of the whole 'Islam' thing I have decided that islam is a violent cult and nothing more. It is a dangerous movement to be sure. Neither can it be ignored nor can we cater to their insane whims and wishes. What does that leave us? A large clash, I am afraid. How is this all going to turn out?

The Aquifer Model: (aka - the other stuff)

I am unable to get a picture of it because something has happened to the digital camera - boohoo. On the bright side, it wasn't much to look at. I used a glass vase and had the kids pack the bottom with clay and then layer pea gravel, soil, and coarse sand. Then they poured a bit of water on top and we watched the water travel through the layers - all the time talking about porosity and permeability and then a short discussion on what the water table is. Then they used a pencil to drill down to the clay layer to simulate a well. A dropper was used to extract water from the well. The environmentalists will be happy to know that we also squirted food coloring (they chose green) on the top to illustrate how pollutants can seep into aquifers and affect the water that is there just waiting for us to drink. After awhile - - sure enough - - the water at the bottom was light green and the dropper drew up light green water as well. We then spoke of the memory that we had of the officials coming to scream at a neighbor of ours whose car engine decided to spew every last fluid in it's belly all over the street. It was quite a scene and the cleanup was very interesting. I'm sure it cost a fortune as it involved 3 municipal workers spreading what looked like kitty litter all over the spill and then the street sweeper paid a visit to vacuum it all up.

Here is a link - and I hope that it actually works - to a map I made of US Aquifers. This is a great site - you are able to make maps for just about anything with as many 'layers' of information that you would like. It is National Atlas (.gov) Enjoy the pretty colors!

12 Comments:

Blogger Mike's America said...

The Pope and the Aquifer!

Interesting contrast.

Pope Benedict quoted one line from nearly 700 years ago about Islam being "evil and inhumane." Crazy Muzzies say it just aint so and go out and burn churches and kill people.

Didn't the Pope know that to be politically correct and avoid conflict you just have to look the other way and never say anything about the murdering clowns who are killing people all over the world in the name of the "religion of peace?"

As for the aquifers. We used to get our drinking water here from the blue one that runs under Florida up to here. But they say the level was dropping too fast so they switched us to river water that runs through the nuclear weapons plant upstream.

Some folks are still getting to use that nice aquifer water for their lawns while I am drinking the nuked stuff.

Anyway, a solution to both problems: Let's take Rosie O'Donnell and a couple million muzzies and drop them down a deep well to raise the water level of the aquifer.

17 September, 2006 11:29  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Oh no Mike! They would most certainly contaminate the water.

If the Pope caves - well then - I just don't know what to say about the Catholic Church. The Pope is not supposed to cave.

The mohammedans will torch something for no good reason ALL the time! I am sick to death of them and their constant whining about being oppressed and justifying murder, mayhem and destruction!

18 September, 2006 01:23  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Corey and Carson - thanks for visiting. I visited your blogs - I will do so again. I am not much of a baseball fan. Except when the Phillies were in that huge bunch of games at the end. Whatever the hell that's called - lol. Anyhoo - I watched then and enjoyed it very much.

I will keep spreading the love!

19 September, 2006 00:56  
Blogger dcat said...

The Pope did apologize an now they want more! What does that tell ya!?

That they needed another excuse that is what!

19 September, 2006 19:56  
Blogger Always On Watch said...

My posting on the topic of Muslim rage is HERE. Though the topic is a serious one, I used a light tone. I have to maintain my sanity.

19 September, 2006 21:45  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

dcat it seems to me, for a large number of practicing mohammedans, that islam gives them the only excuse they need to engage in violence and death. Maybe I've been watching too much news..

AOW - I will be right over! I need a bit of sanity right now. Thanks, ladies.

20 September, 2006 00:26  
Blogger Kate said...

What great timing! Thanks for that link - my oldest has to make a map for a project he is doing and is having a hard time with the pictures in the books. This site will be of great use.
PS - how is your brother doing?

20 September, 2006 09:34  
Blogger BB-Idaho said...

GM,
Thanks for the US aquifer map: I know its 780 feet down here, the
Russell Aquifer, part of the Columbia Plateau basaltic aquifer system.

20 September, 2006 17:04  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

I am so glad that you liked the maps, Kate and bb in Idaho. I really got into that site. So many interesting things to see.

I haven't heard any updates about my brother in the past couple of days. I live about 2,000 miles from my family of origin.

20 September, 2006 23:18  
Blogger Mike's America said...

Monica: I'll gladly give up my well water, which they already made me do, if I can shove Rosie and the muzzie nuts down the well.

21 September, 2006 02:25  
Blogger atheling2 said...

The Pope did NOT apologize for what he said. He apologized for the REACTION of the Muslims. It can be construed that the apology was intended for those who would be on the receiving end of Islamic rage.

His speech and quote was a deliberate shot across the bow - he wants to wake up Europe before it's too late.

21 September, 2006 17:12  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Mike - I am sure the nuke water is delicious! lol.

atheling - the Pope issued a non-apology apology. What really bummed me out was that he said he has great respect for islam. I realize that he thinks he has to say those things for PR purposes - but I would have loved it if he had responded to the moslem violence a bit more aggressively.

21 September, 2006 20:13  

Post a Comment

<< Home