.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Grizzly Mama

There's a Grizzly who has escaped the City of Brotherly Love..(and she's going back to homeschooling!!)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Out of Philly, Pennsylvania, United States

"All who have meditated on the art of governing mankind have been convinced that the fate of empires depends on the education of youth." Aristotle - Greek Philosopher.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Grizzly's 'To-Do' List

1. Pick up and vacuum livingroom.
2. Install new school computers and printers.
3. Do dishes.
4. Go through girls summer/winter clothes. I got 4 lawn and leaf bags of clothing to give to the thrift shop!
5. Pack old computers for return shipping.
6. Gather all school papers/workbooks from last year, label and store.
7. Gather curriculum materials to be returned, pack and ship.
8. Unpack 15 boxes of new curriculum material and organize on shelves and in drawers.
9. Have girls put new labels on drawers.
10.Clean shelves, organize school supplies.
11.Buy power strip to accomodate extra printer.
12.Have girls organize toy shelves. (HA!)
13.Ready 2 backpacks for religious education classes. (CCD for the old timers.)
14.Scout art/gymnastics classes for girls and friends to participate in.
15.Go to library and get fall schedule of events.
16.Check out different karate place.
17.Have girls clean their rooms and change their bed linens.
18.Get new kitten to vet for spay - don't forget the stool sample.
19.Fog house. (a fall ritual for me)
20.START SCHOOL SEPTEMBER 5TH!!
21.Paint livingroom and diningroom. (Then entire interior done!)
22.Paint front door exterior and window frame.
23.Paint garage door, back door and window frame exterior.

9 Comments:

Blogger tshsmom said...

Looks a lot like my to-do list, except I have MORE painting on mine. ;)
Filing is my downfall. My worst fear is for the state to want to see my materials and completed assignments. "Let's see...we'll start with this pile over here...now we'll move on to this pile in the next room...."
I'm curious about the 15 boxes of curriculum. Do you receive materials from your school district?

30 August, 2006 17:27  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

We use the K12 curriculum. We love it. It's a lot of stuff, though. There is a link on my sidebar.

30 August, 2006 19:43  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Oh and tshsmom, I really can't stand painting. I am really bad at it.

One of the things I do is buy one of those expandable files for both kids for every year. Every piece of paper that they complete goes into that file - even artwork as long as it is not a 3 dimensional sculpture type of thing. That gets bundled up at the end of the year and into a box in my bedroom closet.

30 August, 2006 19:50  
Blogger Mike's America said...

Are you using Rastaman's recipe for cookies? I thought you were supposed to put that stuff in brownies?

31 August, 2006 01:19  
Blogger alix said...

grizzlymama, check your em, dearie :)
oh, and HI!
dontcha just love those lists...

31 August, 2006 02:00  
Blogger Kate said...

Hahahah - I am laughing at what Mike said!
I love those expandable folders. I am going to need to rent some storage space as my kids get older if I keep saving everything! Help!!
Great list - looks like mine except I'm with tshsmom, got lots of painting to do. Grrr...

31 August, 2006 10:10  
Blogger Dionne said...

This cracks me up, I just made a to-do list for this week and mine was similar with 26 things on the list.

31 August, 2006 12:08  
Blogger tshsmom said...

Thanks for the tip!!
I guess I'm being too anal about my filing. I've been dividing it into subjects and semesters. I'm using your expandable file method this year!!

Hi Alix!

31 August, 2006 16:47  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Mike - lol!

Got it Alix and responded. I am glad to see you!

Kate - I hear ya. It's getting to the point where it's all going to have to come out of my closet and go into the basement. I think I'll get one of those large plastic tubs and just put it all in there.

LMC - we have way too much to do!

tshsmom - wow! I'm impressed with your filing system. My expandable files are sort of messy looking. At the end of the day I staple everything together and date the top sheet. Then I just put the most recent pile in front - so it is in order back to front. The files are bursting by the end of the year, though.

31 August, 2006 23:37  

Post a Comment

<< Home