.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Grizzly Mama

There's a Grizzly who has escaped the City of Brotherly Love..(and she's going back to homeschooling!!)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Out of Philly, Pennsylvania, United States

"All who have meditated on the art of governing mankind have been convinced that the fate of empires depends on the education of youth." Aristotle - Greek Philosopher.

Friday, August 18, 2006

Aesop's Fable Friday.

The Pig and the Sheep

A Pig found his way into a meadow where a flock of Sheep were grazing.

The shepherd caught him, and was proceeding to carry him off to the butcher's when he set up a loud squealing and struggled to get free.

The Sheep rebuked him for making such a to-do, and said to him, "The shepherd catches us regularly and drags us off just like that, and we don't make any fuss."

"No, I dare say not," replied the Pig, "but my case and yours are altogether different: he only wants you for wool, but me he wants for bacon!"

Moral of the story: It's easy to cry "coward" when it's not you in danger.

Yes, yes, yes. I'm late again and fudging on the time. It's actually only 12 minutes after midnight so I am not being too terribly dishonest. My only excuse is that I've had a house full of children all day - - one leftover from a sleepover last night after a splash party (that I had to attend due to the young ages of my charges). I'm just NOW getting my chocolate and internet fix. Thanking you in advance for your understanding.

9 Comments:

Blogger tshsmom said...

I understand. We just got rid of extra kids AND an extra DOG!
Do you have any food left; we don't.

19 August, 2006 08:01  
Blogger Mike's America said...

No problem... I forgot to check.

I've been distracted by that Glue Sniffing Dateraper who doesn't think terrorism is a threat to Philadelphia or anywhere else:

http://haloscan.com/comments/hiltonhead/115588395038503550/#199132

19 August, 2006 13:16  
Blogger atheling2 said...

Do you think daytripper could comprehend this fable???

Just wanted to pay a visit! I grew up in NE PA (Lehigh Valley) and miss those cheesesteaks and hoagies!

19 August, 2006 17:06  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

tshsmom - I knew you would know how it is! We do have food left but only because I stocked up extra heavy before the big day.

Mike - Tripper is tripping. I encourage anyone reading this to travel over to Mike's blog and take a gander at DayTripper - - the lefty limey and his fabulous spouting brain cell.

Rasta - we have no problem calling the French cowards in my household.

atheling - nice to see you and thanks for leaving a comment. I believe that Tripper would have a problem with the fable and may even come up with an extremely skewed interpretation of it. Yes the cheesesteaks are yummy and so is the 'water ice'. ;-)

Dagney - I will try to enable 'other' for comments. I have been hearing some very mixed reviews of Lynn Swann. I have heard some say that he really has not taken a stand on any issue and that may actually be true. We will have to see how things start shaking out in the next month or so. Thanks for visiting Dagney.

20 August, 2006 23:52  
Blogger Kate said...

hahah - chocolate and the internet - you are my kind of woman! ;)

21 August, 2006 22:27  
Blogger NotClauswitz said...

Ha! Liberals really are sheep! :-)

22 August, 2006 12:42  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Way cool Historian and thanks for the comment. You will be added to the sidebar as soon as I find out what a
'VRE Community' is. I won't need an invitation to this community as a pre-requisite for putting you on the sidebar, I am just curious as to what it is.

Too true Dirtcrashr!

23 August, 2006 00:08  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Oh and Kate - didn't mean to ignore you! I am stuffing my face with chilled chocolate as I type. It's loverly. (as you already know!)

23 August, 2006 00:09  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Thank you Historian. I will check the link out.

25 August, 2006 21:58  

Post a Comment

<< Home