.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Grizzly Mama

There's a Grizzly who has escaped the City of Brotherly Love..(and she's going back to homeschooling!!)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Out of Philly, Pennsylvania, United States

"All who have meditated on the art of governing mankind have been convinced that the fate of empires depends on the education of youth." Aristotle - Greek Philosopher.

Friday, September 15, 2006

Aesop's Fable Friday

The Fox Without a Tail

A Fox once fell into a trap, and after a struggle managed to get free, but with the loss of his tail.

He was then so much ashamed of his appearance that he thought life was not worth living unless he could persuade the other Foxes to part with their tails also, and thus divert attention from his own loss.

So he called a meeting of all the Foxes, and advised them to cut off their tails: "They're ugly things anyhow," he said, "and besides they're heavy, and it's tiresome to be always carrying them about with you."

But one of the other Foxes said, "My friend, if you hadn't lost your own tail, you wouldn't be so keen on getting us to cut off ours."

Moral of the story: Beware of those who wish to bring you down, not up.

Hey - I know people who've tried that old trick!

It's been a busy week. Lots of school - today we will be building a model of an aquifer I suppose. I will let you know how it comes out.

One of my brothers is in critical condition right now - he had a stroke. He is also suffering from a heart problem that they were blaming on thyroid levels but it appears that is not the cause. They are not sure of anything right now. If you are the praying type I would appreciate if you could offer a few words up to the Big Guy about this situation.

11 Comments:

Blogger NotClauswitz said...

Strokes are gnarley, our prayers go with you.

15 September, 2006 12:37  
Blogger tshsmom said...

My prayers are with your family, my friend!

15 September, 2006 20:11  
Blogger Kate said...

Oh Monica - I am so sorry to hear about your brothers condition. I'll definitely be praying his recovery. Please keep us posted.

15 September, 2006 22:50  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Thank you all so much.

16 September, 2006 01:39  
Blogger tshsmom said...

On a lighter note...how about posting pictures of the aquifer? It sounds like an interesting project!

16 September, 2006 09:37  
Blogger nightfly said...

Monica - I will definitely remember your brother.

16 September, 2006 14:25  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Thanks y'all.

16 September, 2006 23:32  
Blogger Mike's America said...

I hope your brother is ok Monica. I know how difficult such times are for everyone in the family.

17 September, 2006 11:32  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Thanks Mike.

18 September, 2006 01:20  
Blogger dcat said...

Ok will do!

I too have a brother that suffered a cerebral hemorrhage. It's been 5 years now. He is in a wheel chair. It is a hard life for a guy that is only 59.

19 September, 2006 20:01  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Thanks dcat and I am sorry to hear about your brother. Nobody seems to know how functional my brother will be after the initial crisis is dealt with. He is 44. Too young. Although I have known several people who have come through strokes and have quite a good quality of life. We will have to see.

20 September, 2006 00:29  

Post a Comment

<< Home