.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Grizzly Mama

There's a Grizzly who has escaped the City of Brotherly Love..(and she's going back to homeschooling!!)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Out of Philly, Pennsylvania, United States

"All who have meditated on the art of governing mankind have been convinced that the fate of empires depends on the education of youth." Aristotle - Greek Philosopher.

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Aesop's Fable Friday. Or Rather, Saturday.

The Boy Bathing

A Boy was bathing in a river and got out of his depth, and was in great danger of being drowned.

A man who was passing along a road close by heard his cries for help, and went to the riverside and began to scold him for being so careless as to get into deep water, but made no attempt to help him.

"Oh, sir," cried the Boy, "please help me first and scold me afterwards!"

Moral of the story: Give assistance, not advice, in a crisis.

Oh how many times have I stopped to say "I told you so" to someone who screwed up. I am older now and realize how obnoxious it is to do that. (Plus, I've made a few doozies of my own!)

2 Comments:

Blogger tshsmom said...

Like you, this is a lesson I had to learn the hard way. I really struggle to be above 'I told you so'.

24 September, 2006 10:01  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

It's just so damn tempting sometimes! lol.

25 September, 2006 00:44  

Post a Comment

<< Home