.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Grizzly Mama

There's a Grizzly who has escaped the City of Brotherly Love..(and she's going back to homeschooling!!)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Out of Philly, Pennsylvania, United States

"All who have meditated on the art of governing mankind have been convinced that the fate of empires depends on the education of youth." Aristotle - Greek Philosopher.

Friday, July 07, 2006

Aesop's Fable Friday

In light of the situation in which we find ourselves, that being the moslems wanting to kill us, I thought that this fable might remind us what our priorities ought to be.

The Wild Boar and the Fox

A wild Boar was engaged in sharpening his tusks on the trunk of a tree in the forest when a Fox came by and, seeing what he was at, said to him, "Why are you doing that, pray? The huntsmen are not out today, and there are no other dangers at hand that I can see."

"True, my friend," replied the Boar, "but the instant my life is in danger, I shall need to use my tusks. There'll be no time to sharpen them then!"

Moral of the story: Prepare your defenses before the enemy appears.

It's a bit late in the game. No time like the present though!

5 Comments:

Blogger Always On Watch said...

Do our elected representatives and the media understand this fable? Not at all!

09 July, 2006 09:24  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Unfortunately no AOW. They are being led down the primrose path by CAIR. Thankfully Bush has gone about correcting Clinton's determination to cut our military to pieces.

Rasta - I am glad that you linked to ATW and Sparky. They are both wonderful places to visit and always have an unexpected POV. I have learned a lot about what has happened to Merry Old England by reading them.

I don't know what to do about the existing mohammedan population in the US. We can't put them in internment camps - - it just aint right. What our government CAN do is to stop pandering to the Wahhabi Lobby and close down mosques that preach violence and islamification of the US. They can choose carefully the imams who preach in prisons. I wonder how many would jump at the chance to live in a country with sharia law? Not many I would guess. There is a large part of me that recoils at the thought of outlawing a religion altogether. It's just not the American way. We most certainly can work to curtail any violent or treasonous behavior and do that aggressively. We can tighten our borders and control our immigration. We can educate the public about islam. We can homeschool. We can fiercly protect our 1st and 2nd amendment rights. Those are some things I can think of off the top of my head.

10 July, 2006 00:52  
Blogger Rocky said...

Hello Monica,

it’s kinda funny how the old fables always seem to apply to what’s going on in the world today. My man, President Ronald Reagan, said Peace through strength. And you are so right about educating the public about Islam. I have spoken to so many folks who haven’t a clue about it. I’m certainly not an expert on it, but I have taken some time to study it generally.

10 July, 2006 10:48  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Thanks for dropping by Rocky. I have learned a lot in the past year or two. Our president keeps insisting that islam is a 'religion of peace' and there are groups in the US - such as CAIR - who work hard to present an acceptable picture of islam. CAIR has even taken people to court for saying truthful things about islam. Thankfully they were not successful but it just goes to show how they are trying to undermine our rights in the US.

10 July, 2006 11:03  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

I know Rasta. It is against who we are to go about assassinating people. It would be just dandy if we could - but we can't and I don't think that we should.

We must protect our civil liberties fiercly. This is where they will attack. The left has been at it for awhile and the mohammedans are doing their best. We cannot allow it. I don't know what it will come down to or how far these groups will push but I do know for certain that if they push too hard they will be on the hurting end.

13 July, 2006 15:14  

Post a Comment

<< Home