.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Grizzly Mama

There's a Grizzly who has escaped the City of Brotherly Love..(and she's going back to homeschooling!!)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Out of Philly, Pennsylvania, United States

"All who have meditated on the art of governing mankind have been convinced that the fate of empires depends on the education of youth." Aristotle - Greek Philosopher.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Dr. Beer has passed away.

I have just heard that Dr. Beer has passed away. Our youngest would not have been born if it hadn't been for Dr. Beer diagnosing the immune problems that prevented my carrying a pregnancy to term.

I will bless him always. I pray for his family. I fervently hope that the many couples that he was treating will be able to continue with the treatments that Dr. Beer has prescribed.

The dx. for our pregnancy losses was Category 1,3 and 5 immunological problems. The rx. for our Beer baby was: L.I.T, Prednisone through 20 weeks, and baby aspirin. She was born 3 weeks early after a long struggle with hypertension and gestational diabetes. She's still beautiful and will be 6 years old this summer. God bless your soul Dr. Beer and thank you!

Here is a quote that he used often:

"Innovators are rarely received with joy and established authorities launch into condemnation of newer truths, for at every crossroads to the future are a thousand self-appointed guardians of the past".
Betty MacQuitty Victor over pain: Morton's Discovery of Anaesthesia.

Link

3 Comments:

Blogger dcat said...

What a wonderful gift!

05 May, 2006 20:21  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Thank you dcat - this man made many couples who felt hopeless the gift of parenthood. He was an angel on earth.

06 May, 2006 00:26  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Thank you Katalec. I hope that someone is carrying on his work, too. I had heard that arrangements had been made for couples under his care to continue with treatment that Dr. Beer had prescribed. I can't imagine if Dr. Beer hadn't been there to give us hope and the joy of our little one finally able to be born alive. I was almost over the edge with the losses and nobody but Dr. Beer who cared WHY my babies were dying.

Congratulations on your little miracle. God bless Dr. Beer's soul - he was a gentle and great man.

13 May, 2006 13:02  

Post a Comment

<< Home