.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Grizzly Mama

There's a Grizzly who has escaped the City of Brotherly Love..(and she's going back to homeschooling!!)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Out of Philly, Pennsylvania, United States

"All who have meditated on the art of governing mankind have been convinced that the fate of empires depends on the education of youth." Aristotle - Greek Philosopher.

Friday, April 21, 2006

Aesop's Fable Friday.

The Goatherd and the Goat.

A Goatherd was one day gathering his flock to return to the fold, when one of his Goats strayed and refused to join the rest.

He tried for a long time to get her to return by calling and whistling to her, but the Goat took no notice of him at all; so at last he threw a stone at her and broke one of her horns.

In dismay, he begged her not to tell his master: but she replied, "You silly fellow, my horn would cry aloud even if I held my tongue."

Moral of the story: It's no use trying to hide what can't be hidden.

11 Comments:

Blogger Mike's America said...

Oh those horny goats!

21 April, 2006 23:46  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Sounds like you have got your horns twisted!

22 April, 2006 11:27  
Blogger MamaGeph said...

Makes me think of the puppet scene in "The Sound of Music."

Yo-da-lay-hee-hoo!

22 April, 2006 19:35  
Blogger Laura said...

Oh, Mike stole my thunder. Just for that...You've been tagged!

Bitch, ain't it.

23 April, 2006 09:52  
Blogger Mike's America said...

What's this?

http://thestormtrack.com/archives/2006/04/category_5_moni.html

Hurricane Monica?

23 April, 2006 19:12  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

I think I'm a typhoon, aren't I?

Thanks SO much Alicenot. I will have to think who torture with this and I will respond Monday evening.

23 April, 2006 23:54  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Oh and Mamageph - I don't remember that scene but the yodeling makes me suspicious...

;-)

23 April, 2006 23:55  
Blogger dcat said...

Loved it! :)

Some times slips show big time!

24 April, 2006 09:52  
Blogger tshsmom said...

That's a good one for kids. They always try to cover their tracks when it just isn't possible.

24 April, 2006 18:52  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

dcat - would that be a reference to the Hildebeast by any chance? ;-)

tshsmom - so true! In fact I have found MYSELF to be momentarily guilty of thinking that it can be done when it just can't. Only for a flash of a moment though....;-)

24 April, 2006 21:57  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Good one Skye! LOL!

24 April, 2006 22:01  

Post a Comment

<< Home