.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Grizzly Mama

There's a Grizzly who has escaped the City of Brotherly Love..(and she's going back to homeschooling!!)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Out of Philly, Pennsylvania, United States

"All who have meditated on the art of governing mankind have been convinced that the fate of empires depends on the education of youth." Aristotle - Greek Philosopher.

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

One very good reason why: I Like My Guns!

see the pretty graph!

This website will go over to the favorite links, too!

Visit it - lots of interesting stories and information.

I bought my first gun when I was 22 or so. Got it at a gun show in Denver - and YES - I had to get a background check and wait several days before I actually got the gun. She's a purty little thing. Ruger 357 magnum with a 4 inch barrel. Black. I keep it loaded with 38's though because firing that weapon with a 357 magnum bullet scares the crap out of me!! A big fire comes out of the end of the gun when I do that! Then it dances around in my hands a bit. I have the gun (and some others that have been acquired over the years through marriage) for safety and protection of myself and my little cubs. Sheesh - I love my local police force but they can't stand guard outside my house 24/7. I've never had to use it and God willing I will never have to use it. Although there was that one little incident - a large man and his road rage - getting out of his car and coming after me and my little daughter in our van....well - I just showed him the gun and he spun around on his heels and walked away. Didn't point it at him - didn't even take it out of the holster. Just showed it to him.

I do so love my first little gun.

1 Comments:

Blogger Zendo Deb said...

Thanks for the link. You have a nice site. I also have the Ruger with the 4in barrel. I keep mine loaded with .357 mangnums. (.357 M w/hollow point bullets has about a 93% 1 shot stop record. Shoot 'em once, they're down.)

18 January, 2005 08:21  

Post a Comment

<< Home