.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Grizzly Mama

There's a Grizzly who has escaped the City of Brotherly Love..(and she's going back to homeschooling!!)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Out of Philly, Pennsylvania, United States

"All who have meditated on the art of governing mankind have been convinced that the fate of empires depends on the education of youth." Aristotle - Greek Philosopher.

Saturday, January 29, 2005

More words from Iraqis

Neurotic Iraqi Wife says:

"Crowds and crowds of people started walking in at 730am on a Friday morning. It was simply beautiful. Families singing and clapping as they made their way through. I cant describe the feelings of jubilation."

See the rest of her experience and a picture of her badge of courage here:

The Mark of Freedom

Ali says:

"Tomorrow my heart will race my hand to the box. Tomorrow I'll race even the sun to the voting centre, my Ka'aba and my Mecca. I'm so excited and so happy that I can't even feel the fear I though I would have at this time.
I can't wait until tomorrow."

Ali very eloquently talks about his feelings here:

Tomorrow

Kurdo says:
"Tomorrow will be a historic day in the Middle East and the whole world generally. I think the Iraqi elections are now as famous as the American elections back in November."

Kurdo has great debates and great pictures on his blog here:

Kurdo

That is just a glimpse. There's more and it is edifying. I am heartened to see the furious debate amongst the Kurds now - as it seems many Kurds had decided not to vote until recently.

Do we realize how HUGE this is??!! I do! Send some positive waves to the freedom loving Iraqis - they deserve all the good prayers we have to offer. They deserve our admiration and our gratitude for stepping up to the plate in the dangerous situation they find themselves in. It is no small thing.

1 Comments:

Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Yes Dagney - superbowl sunday will be a big yawn to me (even with the Eagles!!) compared to today.

Gabibbo - your post brought tears to my eyes. I haven't been able to stop the watery eye syndrome all day!! :) We Americans truly do love Italy, another country in my opinion that is filled with people who have courage and conviction. Thanks for visiting!

30 January, 2005 17:33  

Post a Comment

<< Home