.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Grizzly Mama

There's a Grizzly who has escaped the City of Brotherly Love..(and she's going back to homeschooling!!)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Out of Philly, Pennsylvania, United States

"All who have meditated on the art of governing mankind have been convinced that the fate of empires depends on the education of youth." Aristotle - Greek Philosopher.

Monday, January 31, 2005

Blood and Guts

Thanks to Burlyman posting on Iraq the Model: (If the last post's links didn't bring a tear to your eye - THIS will!!)

ValourofIraq

It's all about the blood and the guts - this we learned at our mother's knee.



(*WARNING*WARNING* - Government education rant approaching***)

What are they teaching these kids for American history these days? Do the kids in America understand about THE BLOOD AND THE GUTS??!!

Have they been taught that they are the guardians of Freedom??!! Do they understand about honor...and, and, LIVE FREE OR DIE??!! Do they? Are they being taught (as I was) that the red in the American flag symbolizes the valour and the blood, the white symbolizes purity, and the blue - vigilance? (Swear to God I was told in school that the red symbolizes the blood - pretty freaky for a 1st grader BUT!! I NEVER forgot about the BLOOD AND THE GUTS.)

My father was a real prick - but there are a few things he reinforced in me that I cherish. One of those things is Blood and Guts. Another is:

Better Dead than Red!

I've met a few people who think Better RED than dead! HA! I scoff at them. I like the saying I learned more! Some would be fine living the half-life of a slave. Not I. Apparently not 8+ million Iraqi.

6 Comments:

Blogger Zendo Deb said...

“Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!”

Patrick Henry, March 23, 1775.

01 February, 2005 00:14  
Blogger Mike's America said...

Enjoyed the excellent scenes of Iraq's miracle set to the music "Theme for the Common Man" by the great American composer Aaron Copland. I've heard the music a number of times played by the National Symphony while I sat on the lawn of the U.S. Capitol looking out over the white marbled monuments. It carries new meaning today.

You probably saw this great flash presentation:
http://www.clermontyellow.accountsupport.com/flash/UntilThen.swf

02 February, 2005 04:12  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Michael - thank you for this information. After searching (because I had never heard of Copland or his composition) I found it to be Fanfare to the Common Man. It is perfect for the presentation.

I also wanted to thank you for the link. I hope that it's okay for me to use it in my next entry. Our men and women in uniform truly are my heroes.

Thanks for commenting!

03 February, 2005 00:32  
Blogger dcat said...

Yes Grizzly Mama, don't feel sorry for this kitty! You did go to my site! Good girl because I made a comment at Mikes blog right after yours and someone else followed. :) So there!!! So much for the fucking moron Jay Smith!!! He gets the top billing for that comment! He is the one that I wanted people to slam not me. Look it up in the liberal Seattle times! On that date!

06 February, 2005 15:18  
Blogger dcat said...

Oh by the way Grizzly,

I get mail from Omar, Mohammed, and Ali all the time! Just got one today! :)

06 February, 2005 15:21  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

I am sorry Kitty Cat - I will apologize on Mike's blog, too.

06 February, 2005 18:17  

Post a Comment

<< Home