.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Grizzly Mama

There's a Grizzly who has escaped the City of Brotherly Love..(and she's going back to homeschooling!!)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Out of Philly, Pennsylvania, United States

"All who have meditated on the art of governing mankind have been convinced that the fate of empires depends on the education of youth." Aristotle - Greek Philosopher.

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Massachusetts

**UPDATE**
Coakley concedes. Brown wins in Massachusetts.

****

Or as my husband says: Massa-two-shits. Or we could refer to the citizens of that state as their New England neighbors do, and call them: "Mass-holes".

I am not overly fond of the state myself. Boston is a fun place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there. I have visited several times, and I have relatives there - so I know what I'm talking about!

The big election for 'Ted Kennedy's seat' is today. I am keeping a close eye on it between washing curtains and being stuck in Farmville harvesting my virtual crops. As Brown would point out, it's NOT Ted Kennedy's seat - it's the people of Massachusetts seat. The Dems believe it is their birthright to own the seat though - so the result of this election will be a very interesting one.

Brown has been called a 'right wing teabagger' by some of our more vocal (and more far left) representatives in Congress. From what I can see, he is a solid fiscal conservative and moderate social conservative. Just like me! If he is propelled to the halls of Congress by the voters of MA, then what does that mean?

I believe it means that the so-called (and vulgarly so!) teabaggers are a force to be reckoned with. I am a member of the tea bag movement - - sick of gimongous federal government with their high taxes and intrusions into my life. It will signal a change - a MAJOR change - in American politics that will be felt over the next few election cycles.

Will the Dems in Congress (and the White House) get it? I think they already get it. They are willing to ram this Obamacare down our throats, using unconstitutional means to do so, before they are swept away like the cockroaches that they are. They want to do as much damage as they can before their imaginary scepter is wrested from them by the righteously angry American voters.

Plus - is Brown Mr. Hottie, or what??!

Cross posted at A Tangled Web.

Link

8 Comments:

Blogger Most Rev. Gregori said...

A word of warning: All patriots had better stay alert at all times between now and 2012. The far left "Progressives" in Congress, (those in both parties; yes, the Republicans also have "Progressives" in their ranks), are getting desperate. Like cornered rats, there is no telling what they might do.

With Scott Brown's win, we have only won a battle, not the war. Lets keep watching each others back.

20 January, 2010 00:35  
Blogger tweetey30 said...

So many elections to keep up with.. I didnt even know..

20 January, 2010 14:25  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

I agree, Rev. What blows my mind about this whole thing is that it's OBVIOUS to anyone with one functioning brain cell that the majority of Americans do NOT want government takeover of our healthcare system. Congress knows it, yet continue to push. How far are they willing to push us? I'm afraid that their ideological fervor is preventing them from stopping. If they don't stop, things could get nasty and none of us want that.

Tweetey - there is a WHOLE lot going on.

20 January, 2010 15:55  
Blogger NotClauswitz said...

Yay!!! Now let's kick-out Barbara Boxer!! I sent money to Scott, maybe someone in MA will return the favor.
The Media is running scared too, not just the Democrats, and there's no telling what THEY'll do either...

20 January, 2010 16:35  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

I hadn't thought of that DC, but you're right.

I would love to see Barbara Boxer defeated!

20 January, 2010 19:29  
Blogger Mike's America said...

Barbara Boxer is very vulnerable. But the problem is, who do we get to try and unseat her?

There are currently three GOP hopefuls, some more conservative than others and they will likely have a very difficult primary.

Will there be enough unity behind the eventual nominee to beat Boxer?

Scott Brown was a ray of light that seemed to come out of nowhere. If we could only find and nominate candidates like him we would win. But there is so much old dead wood and so many RINOs in the GOP in many states that will make it difficult to break through and nominate the best candidate.

22 January, 2010 11:02  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Scott Brown, like Hoffman in NY23, didn't even hit the radar until very late in the game. You're right, picking the right candidate is key. Too many RINO's, and the RINO's in government have been partly responsible for the TEA revolt in America.

If the GOP leadership doesn't get that by now, they never will.

23 January, 2010 03:47  
Blogger Gabriella said...

Hi friend

Thanks for the interest shown on my blog and thanks for adding my blog in your classical blog.

Here is my blog details

http://spacestation-shuttle.blogspot.com/


I have already added in my blog.

Please add my blog in your list.

Thanks for great postings

26 January, 2010 05:13  

Post a Comment

<< Home