.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Grizzly Mama

There's a Grizzly who has escaped the City of Brotherly Love..(and she's going back to homeschooling!!)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Out of Philly, Pennsylvania, United States

"All who have meditated on the art of governing mankind have been convinced that the fate of empires depends on the education of youth." Aristotle - Greek Philosopher.

Thursday, January 07, 2010

I Dislike Even More Than Ironing:

Taking the ornaments off of the tree.

Packing up all of the decorations.

Getting the tree out of the house.

Sweeping and vacuuming the mess under the tree.

Sorting through a thousand gifts for my kids - trying to find a place for everything.

Going out into the cold, cold wind and taking down all of the outside lights.

Trying to find a spot for the storage boxes in the basement. (they came OUT of the basement - - how come they don't fit back INTO the basement?)

Getting back to regular school after the holiday week off.

7 Comments:

Blogger tweetey30 said...

Its hard getting back into the grind.. I know we worked with the girls right up to X-mas Eve and then I gave them last week off for NYE week off.. so they got from X-mas day to Monday off.. But I have been pushing them hard lately.. Lets get this done where you dont have to worry about it....

08 January, 2010 12:06  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Tweetey - I can hardly WAIT to get back to homeschooling. I know it's hard to push them sometimes, but it's got to be done.

At this point I'm kind of sick of the decorations - I'm ready to have my house back to normal!

08 January, 2010 23:33  
Blogger Always On Watch said...

Some of my Christmas decorations, sparse as they were this year, are still up. Normally, I'd have everything done by January 7, the day after Epiphany.

Oh, well. Some things are more important than tending the house. Right now, taking care of Mr. AOW during his recovery from a stroke last fall takes priority.

10 January, 2010 13:35  
Blogger tshsmom said...

I hear ya!
This year I told the guys that they WOULD help take down the decorations. I had it all planned for yesterday. The decorations are still up. :(

11 January, 2010 15:00  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

I hear you, AOW. Some things are definitely more important. I'm just glad that Mr. AOW is home and was able to spend the holiday in a familiar and safe place.

TSHSMOM - LOL. OMG - we managed to get the inside decorations packed up and put away, then looked out the front door at all the lights and stuff out front. *sigh* I really dread going out there in that frigid cold to deal with it. :-(

We're dealing with a shift change for me, girls going back to school with the older one working on 2 major projects for school - one a Language Arts report due on 'The Hound of the Baskervilles' and the other a National History Day project video on penicillin. I've had it up to my eyeballs with annotated bibliographies right now! It actually looks like it might get done on time though!!

11 January, 2010 23:17  
Blogger Dionne said...

I feel your pain! My oldest daughter is now 15 and she actually loves to put the Christmas decorations up and take them down. So I count that as a HUGE BLESSING! Because if it were up to me they would still be up ;-)!

12 January, 2010 01:35  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

LOL! That works out GREAT, Dee!

13 January, 2010 11:39  

Post a Comment

<< Home