.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Grizzly Mama

There's a Grizzly who has escaped the City of Brotherly Love..(and she's going back to homeschooling!!)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Out of Philly, Pennsylvania, United States

"All who have meditated on the art of governing mankind have been convinced that the fate of empires depends on the education of youth." Aristotle - Greek Philosopher.

Friday, August 04, 2006

Aesop's Fable Friday

The Gnat and the Bull

A Gnat alighted on one of the horns of a Bull, and remained sitting there for a considerable time.

When it had rested sufficiently and was about to fly away, it said to the Bull, "Do you mind if I go now?"

The Bull merely raised his eyes and remarked, without interest, "It's all one to me; I didn't notice when you came, and I shan't know when you go away."

Moral of the story: We may often be more important in our own eyes than in the eyes of others.

So true, isn't it?

I have been overwhelmed once again. No sooner do I get done with swim/diving team than it is time to start gearing up for school to start. The heat has got me floored and flattened and completely sapped of energy. Even going to the pool doesn't cool us off as the water was measured at 91 degrees. That would be Farenheit - of course! We live in the land of standard measurement afterall. We also live in this nasty Delaware Valley. I do not like summertime in the City of Brotherly Love. I am chained to my air conditioner. Although I thank the good Lord everyday for it - and for living in the Land of the Free - where we have electricity and running water and where the right to defend ourselves is recognized by our government.

9 Comments:

Blogger Mike's America said...

hmmm... and now a coverup in progress! It's another WATERGATE!

05 August, 2006 12:38  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

lol! You two guys are a trip!

06 August, 2006 00:47  
Blogger Mike's America said...

I think Rasta has been harvesting the "crop" a bit early this year.

Come on Monica... CONFESS!!!Don't make me call a Senate hearing.

I sat right here at midnight and that post was NOT there...

06 August, 2006 01:41  
Blogger tshsmom said...

I hear you!
I HATE filling out all that red-tape paperwork EVERY YEAR!!

06 August, 2006 07:35  
Blogger Ca... said...

Cute...
"Moral of the story: We may often be more important in our own eyes than in the eyes of others."

"Truer words, save Gods', were never spoken, but that, etc.-etc..."

Thank goodness, though, that there is always someone (self) who thinks me important. I never disagree with, argue with, provoke or demean me. I am my own true best friend and that's better that nothing!(or, there is nothing better)'chuckle'

06 August, 2006 11:29  
Blogger NotClauswitz said...

There's that Mr. flea again. Swimming is an absolute Good Thing. The kids will be pretty damn water-safe, and that's gotta be a huge relief for you. It builds lungs and legs like nothing else, and for a lifetime - I can still swim and snorkel almost indefinitely, thirty years after swim/water-polo team. My dad was on his HS swim-team, he's 82 now and in terrific shape like a guy in his 60's. The guys who are really incredible free-dive and spear-fish.

07 August, 2006 13:54  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Alright Mike - I would never dream of putting the country through another Senate hearing. The buck stops here, and all. I confess. It was late!

It's a lot of work tshsmom - it really is. We need to pat ourselves on the back!

Oh CA - you are blessed to be so good to yourself. I am my own worst enemy sometimes.

Wow. I am astonished at 'mister' and his accusations. LOL! Nazi, eh? It was just an Aesop's fable for goodness sakes.

dirtcrashr - I completely agree about swimming. It is a necessity in my book. A very important skill. I loved being on the swim team when I was young and I still love to swim. It's wonderful exercise and easy on those arthritic joints!

08 August, 2006 00:17  
Blogger Mike's America said...

The moonbats seem to have unleashed a new corps of the usual mudslingers.

I wonder if "mister" knows the first thing about the Nazis, the holocaust or the fact that World War II could have been easily prevented without firing a shot?

I also wonder if "mister" is aware that Hezbollah and radical Islam revere Hitler as a great leader and even copy the straight arm salute?

Islamists even raised an army to fight for the Germans in World War II.

I wonder if "mister" has any clue?

08 August, 2006 11:17  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

'mister' has no clue at all.

08 August, 2006 12:23  

Post a Comment

<< Home