.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Grizzly Mama

There's a Grizzly who has escaped the City of Brotherly Love..(and she's going back to homeschooling!!)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Out of Philly, Pennsylvania, United States

"All who have meditated on the art of governing mankind have been convinced that the fate of empires depends on the education of youth." Aristotle - Greek Philosopher.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Just Scrape Me Up Off the Floor Again.

Grizzly Mama is beat. I'm suffering again. Suffering from that - what would you call it? That - that - well I guess it's a special kind of exhaustion that comes from having to face the ugliness of the truth a little too much. We have to face it though, don't we? If we don't face the truth, we will lose.

So. I'm over at Always On Watch because it's quickly becoming one of my favorite sites, right? AOW attended the symposium entitled 'The Underlying Roots Of Terrorism: Terrorism's Threat to World Peace & National Security' recently. We would have LOVED to have gone. Anyhoo - the link that directs you to Always On Watch (and thank goodness that she IS always on watch) goes to an entry about one of the speakers. Her name is Brigitte Gabriel and what a story she has to tell! God bless her soul. What a hard and terrible thing she had to endure when she was just a little girl. It hit me hard and quite frankly scared the living crap out of me. She was close to my oldest daughter's age when it started. She was a Christian in Lebanon. She is a survivor of islamist terrorism. When I think of that little girl surviving what she survived - well - I don't have words for it.

From her website:
"We are facing an enemy that uses children as human bombs, mothers as suicide bombers, and men driven by the glory of death and the promise of eternal sexual bliss in heaven. We are fighting an enemy that loves death more than we love life."

It could be us. Just don't lose sight of that. It could be us who can't protect and raise our children the way they need to be protected and raised - in safety, acceptance and strength. With food and proper shelter and medical care, choices for a good education. It is a possibility you know - if we are not careful and strong. We must protect our freedoms here in the US so that OUR children will never know the horror that Ms. Gabriel and her parents know first hand. There are a lot of nasty places out there in the world. Places where bad, bad things happen to innocent and good people. At least here in America there is a strong probability that one can thrive and be safe. At least here in America our right to defend ourselves is recognized. At least here in America women are not chattel. At least here in America we welcome those from all over the world to enter legally and be a part of us. I tell my girls every day - thank God that you were born in America.

God bless Ms. Gabriel and her family - they endured many horrors. God bless the Israelis who helped her. God bless America and keep us strong. We are going to have to fight.

12 Comments:

Blogger flythemig29 said...

You are absolutely spot on Grizzly Mama. I know several Christians from Lebanon and Jordan and while they used to be a curiosity to their Muslim neighbors, now they are targets of hatred and wrath. You are also correct that we do have rights that none of them enjoy. You should see the look on Iraqi soldiers faces the first time they see a 6'4" soldier taking orders from or saluting a 5'2" female officer!

10 May, 2006 10:17  
Blogger City Troll said...

I find it interesting that the only people that helped her family were the "evil Jews"

10 May, 2006 20:19  
Blogger sandy said...

rastaman sakes: When do we start?
I couldn't agree with him more. If that's what it takes to rid ourselves of this horrible sect, then let's git r done.

11 May, 2006 00:26  
Blogger sandy said...

Ooops, I meant asks. I have got to stop transposing my words!

11 May, 2006 00:27  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

God bless you flythemig - thanks for coming by.

Rasta - I stopped believing Islam was a 'religion of peace' awhile back. I am not feeling hopeful about avoiding a nasty fight. It is going to have to be done.

Troll and Sandy - Amen.

11 May, 2006 23:20  
Blogger Alison said...

Addressing muslim grievances

p.s i picked up the flute and will send pics etc tomorrow.

Happy Friday

12 May, 2006 16:07  
Blogger Cubed © said...

Isn't AOW the greatest? We are so fortunate that she was able to attend the symposium.

It's hard to imagine living the way Brigitte Gabriel did. It must have been like a combination of hiding in Ann Frank's attic and the and staying the subway "tubes" in London during the Blitz.

I won't even put an excerpt of a May 7th report by Hala Jaber in the (London) Timesonline. It recounts the February 22nd death of Atwar Bahjat, called one of Iraq's top television hournalists. If you want to read about just how depraved these people are, go to http://www.timesonline.co.uk/printFriendly/0,,1-524-2168496-524,00.html.

I apologise for writing it out like this, but every time I try to use the HTML tags, it just doesn't work.

Sandy,

"Git 'r done..." You go, girl!

Rastaman,

You are right - the thing that promotes the sort of behavior we hear about every day can't claim to be a legitimate religion, it is simply a monster disguised as a religion. It uses religion as a "cloaking device" much the same way the Klingon warships used cloaking devices. That way, it can crawl, unnoticed, into many of our institutions, including our schools.

Have you all seen the article at FrontPageMag.com by Patrick Poole called "The Muslim Brotherhood Project?" It's a "must read." The "plan" was conceived and written in 1982 but just discovered by Swiss authorities in November, 2001, and describes the "25 points" that the Muslim Brotherhood and its supporters have been using for the last 20 years. It's just recently been made available in English (there's a link in the article).

You can read it yourself, and then judge whether they have been succeeding. It's at http://www.frontpagmag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=22415.

Sorry again... I promise to try to get the tags straightened out...

12 May, 2006 20:26  
Blogger Cubed © said...

"...journalists..."

Sigh.

12 May, 2006 20:27  
Blogger Always On Watch said...

I see compliments for me! What a nice way to end this miserable day!

I have to tell you that sometimes posting what I've learned about Islam is so depressing. Bad enough what Islam IS, but add to that the dhimmitude of our leaders and a large part of the West's population.

I also see here outstanding comments here from others who are realists and can see the seriousness of the threat we're up against.

I'm going to sound radical, but here goes. Ban the Koran, and close the mosques; make it clear that the totalitarianism known as Islam is not acceptable in the West. Time to give the Muzzies a reality check, folks! Being diplomatic just isn't cutting it with those who want to saw off infidels' heads!

There. I feel better having had that little rant.

PS: Sometimes this war with Islam gets me so down that I have to post something lighter. One has to keep one's sanity. Constantly watching the march of evil is hard on the soul.

PPS: Thank you, Monica R, for helping to get the word out.

12 May, 2006 22:32  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Alison - OMG! Pat - er - The Troll and I used to listen to Phil Hendrie on the radio. That guy is hilarious. We haven't listened to him in ages though. I'll be looking for the pics and I really appreciate you doing all of this for me.

AOW and Cubed - thank YOU both for visiting and commenting. I do not think that the ideas you have proposed AOW are radical at all. The more I hear the more I completely agree. Cubed I will check your links out after a good night's sleep - :-D. Thanks and I know they are chock full of good (if probably frightening) information. As for frontpagemag - I can get lost on there for hours.

13 May, 2006 00:21  
Blogger Kate said...

I love AOW's proposal. That would send a crystal clear message for sure. Your post Monica was gripping. I could never fully imagine what it would be like to grow up as a child in a terrorist radical country. What those people must endure... and how utterly free we are here. It's just can't be compared. I too often find myself telling my children to be thankful we live in America. How the poor here have it good... OK, I'll stop there because I must go tuck everyone in bed.
Light the fire Monica (you always do in your posts)! :)

16 May, 2006 20:34  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Thanks Kate. It hits me hard every so often what it is I take for granted being a mother in America and how fortunate and blessed I am to be HERE. There are things sometimes that we can't protect our kids from but thankfully - here in America - we are able to protect them from being abused, tortured, murdered, starved to death and many, many other horrible things. It is a vulnerable thing - this being responsible for these little lives. Here in America we can be strong and protect them. God bless America and we have to keep America strong.

19 May, 2006 23:51  

Post a Comment

<< Home