.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Grizzly Mama

There's a Grizzly who has escaped the City of Brotherly Love..(and she's going back to homeschooling!!)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Out of Philly, Pennsylvania, United States

"All who have meditated on the art of governing mankind have been convinced that the fate of empires depends on the education of youth." Aristotle - Greek Philosopher.

Friday, May 12, 2006

Aesops Fable Friday

The Two Frogs.

Two Frogs were neighbors. One lived in a marsh, where there was plenty of water, which frogs love: the other in a lane some disance away, where all the water to be had was that which lay in ruts after the rain.

The marsh Frog warned his friend and pressed him to come and live with him in the marsh, for he would find his quarters there far more comfortable and - what was still more important - more safe.

But the other Frog refused, saying that he could not bring himself to move from a place to which he had become accustomed.

A few days afterwards a heavy wagon came down the lane, and he was crushed to death under the wheels.

Moral of the story: There can be great danger in falling in a rut.

There have been times in my life when I was so afraid of change that I would rather have stayed in the situation that I was in. Even when change brings about positive rewards it can be frightening. I really do like my comfortable ruts. Life is ALWAYS forcing me to face changes - bleeegghhh. Oh alright - I'm a better person for it. Happy now?

In the coming days I am going to be brave and provide some interesting information for those of you brave souls who are kind enough to visit. I have been slacking off. First up will be the next in Cubed's excellent series on EDUCATION AND JIHAD. It's wonderful reading but as I said I am not the most courageous person you will find - - I must digest new information slowly before I can finally take it in. Next will be an interesting tidbit from the Center for Education Reform - The New York Times printed all SORTS of inaccurate information about school choice. Big surprise there - huh? Last but not at all least will be an article about the Milwaukee Parental Choice Program which is the nation's first school voucher program for low-income families. It hails from the Institute for Justice. You'll just love to see how the teachers unions have been trying to shut THAT one down for the last decade or more. Have a lovely evening and remember - well - I forgot what it is you're supposed to remember so just nevermind!!

4 Comments:

Blogger tshsmom said...

I'm a total "rut person" myself. I research everything to death, and cautious is my middle name. ;)

13 May, 2006 17:55  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

tshsmom - there are advantages to that!

13 May, 2006 23:18  
Blogger City Troll said...

Happy Mudders Day Sweety

14 May, 2006 01:15  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Thanks for making it possible honey-bunny! ;-)

14 May, 2006 02:38  

Post a Comment

<< Home