.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Grizzly Mama

There's a Grizzly who has escaped the City of Brotherly Love..(and she's going back to homeschooling!!)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Out of Philly, Pennsylvania, United States

"All who have meditated on the art of governing mankind have been convinced that the fate of empires depends on the education of youth." Aristotle - Greek Philosopher.

Friday, March 31, 2006

Aesop's Fable Friday

The Wolf and the Lamb

A Wolf was drinking at the head of a river when he saw a Lamb at a small distance downstream. Having decided to eat her, he needed to cause a quarrel.

"How dare you spoil my water?", he demanded.

"How can I spoil the water, since it goes from you to me, not me to you?", asked the Lamb.

"Never mind that", said the Wolf, "a year ago you called me many bad names!"

"A year ago I was not even born yet!", said the trembling Lamb.

"Well', replied the Wolf, "if it wasn't you, it was your father. It's no use trying to talk me out of my supper"; and he grabbed upon the helpless Lamb and ate her.

Moral of the story: The tyrant always finds an excuse to injure the innocent.


It also goes to show that it is no use trying to reason with a tyrant, doesn't it?!

10 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

You got that right.

31 March, 2006 04:24  
Blogger Kate said...

Oh how perfectly said is that?! How easily this can be applied to politics, huh?! Should I start naming names?! Nah...

31 March, 2006 08:58  
Blogger tshsmom said...

I assume that this wolf's name is Osama or Saddam?

31 March, 2006 17:32  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Thanks everyone for the comments. This wisdom will always apply no matter what age we live in. It could be Saddam, Hitler, or any abusive person.

My girls are loving the Aesop's Fables book and it has inspired many lively conversations.

31 March, 2006 21:43  
Blogger Always On Watch said...

Monica R,
I got comdemned yesterday for blaspheming MTP and allah. See comments here.

01 April, 2006 09:03  
Blogger Always On Watch said...

The Book of Virtues uses quite a few of these fables.

Here's a good exercise for children...Have them write (or tell, if the children are very young) their own fable. I have them choose a moral first, then create an original fable. Sometimes the stories are worthy of publication!

One can also have children write/tell an original fairy tale. I use an interesting picture for the prompt.

01 April, 2006 09:05  
Blogger tshsmom said...

Thanks, AOW! That's a great idea!

01 April, 2006 10:01  
Blogger Dionne said...

I noticed you on Skye's blog and then I hopped over here and saw you were a homeschooling mom also. Great to find other conservative, real, homeschooling moms who are also into history and politics :-).

02 April, 2006 19:09  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Are YOU a homeschooling mom, LMC?! How wonderful that you visited - thank you! I shall check your blog out and link you. Thanks.

03 April, 2006 00:00  
Blogger Wolfie said...

Sometimes us wolves are just misunderstood you know.

08 April, 2006 19:26  

Post a Comment

<< Home