.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Grizzly Mama

There's a Grizzly who has escaped the City of Brotherly Love..(and she's going back to homeschooling!!)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Out of Philly, Pennsylvania, United States

"All who have meditated on the art of governing mankind have been convinced that the fate of empires depends on the education of youth." Aristotle - Greek Philosopher.

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Homespun Symposium Question

How has blogging affected your life?

A question posed by Patterico and Homespun Bloggers has issued an invite to answer the question.

I usually don't participate in these because most of the time I don't feel that I have anything original or important to say. This one I can handle although it won't be very cerebral.

I just started my little blog a couple of months ago because I needed a place for my thoughts mostly about homeschooling my kids. I started looking at blogs back in the Spring of last year with Iraq the Model. I was hooked and so relieved to find news and opinions other than what I see in the newspaper and on television. That led to reading tons of Iraqi blogs. Then Ala started Blonde Sagacity here in Philly and I was hooked to political blogs. I discovered A Tangled Web and found Brits who actually like America. My family and I were able to meet David Vance from A Tangled Web along with his wonderful family when they were visiting in Philly recently.

I like blogging and realize that although not many people see my blog I do get feedback from readers that I appreciate tremendously. It feels good to get my feelings and thoughts out there. I don't have a lot of time for myself what with the girlies and schooling so blogging is my time for me which happens to be late at night. I enjoy visiting other blogs and reading some different opinions and perspectives.

There are other ways that blogging has affected my life. Laundry for one. I'm further behind on my laundry than I have ever been in my life. My house isn't quite as clean as it could be because I love to check out the blogs instead of doing housework. There was a time that I was quite obsessed with it all and have found that I have had to ratchet it down a few notches. The real people in my real life are here and waiting and need my attention.

So in a nutshell blogging has expanded my world and I am getting news that you just can't get if you don't read blogs. It changed my outlook on Operation Iraqi Freedom as I had been feeling down and depressed about it until I read the words from real Iraqi in Iraq. I was reading a blog about the Orange Revolution in Ukraine while it was happening - great stuff. A blogger in Lebanon is giving up to date on the spot information about the Cedar Revolution there. When was the last time I heard anything about that in the news?

All in all it's had a positive affect on my life. Achieving balance has been the biggest challenge.

3 Comments:

Blogger TW said...

When you get that laundry done, and read this, I hope you'll accept my appreciation for your response, and moreover, for your blog. Keep it up.

15 April, 2005 01:04  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Oh you're a sweetheart for commenting Marvin - thank you.

15 April, 2005 19:55  
Blogger NotClauswitz said...

Ok, keeping it real is what works for me too, even just hearing about what's going on in Lebanon, the Good News from Iraq by Chrenkoff, and the music of alternative political voices, (Libertarian even!) instead of the ever-louder and increasingly (if that's possible) raucous-clueless Mainstream Blaster-Chorus Media Orchestra.

18 April, 2005 20:53  

Post a Comment

<< Home