.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Grizzly Mama

There's a Grizzly who has escaped the City of Brotherly Love..(and she's going back to homeschooling!!)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Out of Philly, Pennsylvania, United States

"All who have meditated on the art of governing mankind have been convinced that the fate of empires depends on the education of youth." Aristotle - Greek Philosopher.

Thursday, August 09, 2007

Hugh Hewitt Live Broadcast Event

Troll and I will be attending Hugh Hewitt's live broadcast event at The Constitution Center in Philadelphia Thursday, August 9th. We hope to meet up with Skye, a Philadelphia blogger, and her companion - the mysterious 'JG'. We probably won't be there at 5:00, Skye. Troll is working so we'll be breezing in fashionably late. (as usual...) Cameras will be charged up.

As for me - I have been like the Devil himself keeping the house clean and dust-free for showings. Ten of the last 14 days several parties per day have tromped through my house. C'mon Saint Joe!! Do what you do best out there buried in my little garden! We've got the financing squared away for the house that we want in the hills. I checked on you the other day and you're still buried under the basil - God bless you.

I finished the latest Harry Potter book just this afternoon. Wow - really enjoyed it. We were at the pool on this nasty Philadelphia summer day, and I hid under the shade of my umbrella and sopped my teary eyes with my beach blanket. Now I can get back to my Weekly Standards for bedtime reading.

Will update with pics of Hugh Hewitt's event - hopefully soon!

***UPDATE***

Had a wonderful time. The mysterious 'JG' is none other than our very own Jennifer Gallagher! Other conservative Philadelphia bloggers there. Will update with pics later. Went out to a trendy, yuppie-ish cafe for food afterward - YUM! We were late. So was Hugh Hewitt so no big deal. Further details with pics.

Skye - at Midnight Blue - has a few pics up. She mo-blogs, you know! The pic of Troll is priceless. That is me next to him and Jennifer Gallagher is next to me. She and I are talking to the gentleman in the row in front of us. Great crowd!

Link

6 Comments:

Blogger tweetey30 said...

I have to say I have no idea who this Hugh Hewitt is. I will have to check this out. Take your time with the book. We still have a few weeks before starting school anyway. Glad to hear the funding is going well. I hated waiting for that for us too. It was nerve wracking.

09 August, 2007 08:44  
Blogger tshsmom said...

Have you had any bites on your house?

I'm rather bummed that I won't have any new Harry Potters to look forward to. :(

09 August, 2007 15:21  
Blogger Mike's America said...

I don't get Hugh Hewitt down here. So you'll have to tell us what he talked about, maybe link to the show's audio on Townhall.com when it comes up.

P.S. Not to spoil it for anyone, but what did you think of the ending of the Harry Potter book? I didn't bother to read the book, just flipped to the end of a synopsis online.

I'll wait for the movie.

10 August, 2007 12:22  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a great time Monica. It was great meeting you, the Troll and Skye finally. I just made it to work on time but it was worth it. I hope to meet up with all of you again when we have more time to talk. I'll get my pictures posted over the weekend, I just downloaded from my camera.

10 August, 2007 12:26  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Thanks Tweetey. Mike found a link to the radio show - I'll include it in the Grizzly Report entry. You can listen and see if you like him. The fact that the subprime mortgage industry is falling apart will affect our ability to sell the house I fear. Face it. We're don't exactly own prime real estate - so it's the sub-primers that will be interested in our house. We just have to let go and watch how it all unfolds.

Tshsmom - I've never heard of anyone having the experience that we're having. It's strange. Showings almost every day but no offers yet. About Harry Potter - - I just have a feeling that there may be more on the way once the author takes a well deserved rest. I hope so, anyway!

Mike - thanks for finding that link. I'll include it in the Grizzly Report entry. I was very happy with the ending of the book. Sad that some main characters died in the fight, but all in all I think it was a happy ending - - which is what I am totally into. I had sad endings. Not that I didn't cry! lol.

JG - it was such a pleasure to meet and talk with you. I'm glad that you came and glad that you made it into work on time afterward! I hope that we can all get together again soon.

13 August, 2007 00:36  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

"I had sad endings." Should be 'I hate sad endings.'

What an interesting little freudian slip THAT was!

13 August, 2007 00:39  

Post a Comment

<< Home