.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Grizzly Mama

There's a Grizzly who has escaped the City of Brotherly Love..(and she's going back to homeschooling!!)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Out of Philly, Pennsylvania, United States

"All who have meditated on the art of governing mankind have been convinced that the fate of empires depends on the education of youth." Aristotle - Greek Philosopher.

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

My Favorite 'Father' - Abouna - Has Tagged Me.

I have been tagged by Abouna. He is an Orthodox Catholic Priest in the USofA. We share many similarities in our political and religious outlook on life. He is one of the few (can count on one hand..) men 'of the cloth' that I like.

1) Name your favorite band and singer. (The singer can’t be from the band): Band: The Who. Singer: Tom Petty. (Although this changes from hour to hour depending on my mood.)

2) Favorite historical politician (domestic)? (Historical = Dead): Oh dear heavens. This is tough. Ummmmmm - Thomas Jefferson. There.

3) Favorite historical politician (International)? Winston Churchill

4) You’re giving a Hollywood pitch (25 words or less) about your Blog - GO
No nonsense homeschooling mother in the City of Brotherly Love. She's got a mop and she knows how to use it.

5) Other than where you live now, what city do you like?: Santa Fe, New Mexico.

6) Favorite modern politician? (In office now): Tom Tancredo the guy believes in securing the borders.

7) Are you a Wilsonian Idealist or Nixonian Realist in foreign policy?: I am neither. From what I can gather searching the definitions of these labels, I just don't fit. I am a "Grizzly Mama - Don't Give Me Any Crap Or I'll Send My Aircraft Carriers To Your Shores" type of foreign policy gal.

8) Favorite obscure movie?: I don't know any obscure movies. Oh! Maybe - 'Where the Buffalo Roam.'

9) What is your favorite restaurant?: The Vale-Rio diner in Phoenixville, PA. Still open 24 hours a day and still have the jukeboxes at every table - and they work. (I also do adore those appetizer ribs at The Outback Steak House.) Actually - there are quite a few and it depends, once again, on my mood. I love to eat out.

10) Choose a music video on YouTube. Why that one?: I tried looking for a music video and was distracted by this video translated by MEMRI. You just have to check this out:
Muslim says God Bless America.

If you feel like answering - do!!

Have a blessed Independence Day celebration. I will post pics of the girls tomorrow evening of them marching (actually - riding a bicycle made for 5 that one of our neighbors welded together and spray painted red, white, and blue...) in the local parade if I can.

6 Comments:

Blogger City Troll said...

love ya sweety

Happy 4th of July
http://thecitytroll.blogspot.com/2007/07/who-we-are.html

04 July, 2007 01:28  
Blogger tshsmom said...

Happy Independence Day to one of the few families I know who remember WHY we celebrate this day!!

I hope the weather is kind to the girlies in their parade appearance. ;)

04 July, 2007 07:23  
Blogger Skye said...

Happy 4th, Monica!

04 July, 2007 13:27  
Blogger Mike's America said...

Happy 4th Monica! Looking forward to the photos!

04 July, 2007 13:30  
Blogger Abouna said...

Thanks for those great words. I feel truly honored. I'd love to see those photos also.

Hope you all had a great Independence day.

God Bless

04 July, 2007 19:14  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Love you too, Troll! We're so glad you made it home in time to cook!

Tshsmom - thanks and I hope that you had a great day.

Skye - thanks and right back at ya!

Mike - I just put a bunch of pics up. Enjoy. Happy 4th to you, too!

Abouna - thank you and I hope that your celebration brought many blessings to you and your family.

05 July, 2007 00:55  

Post a Comment

<< Home