.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Grizzly Mama

There's a Grizzly who has escaped the City of Brotherly Love..(and she's going back to homeschooling!!)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Out of Philly, Pennsylvania, United States

"All who have meditated on the art of governing mankind have been convinced that the fate of empires depends on the education of youth." Aristotle - Greek Philosopher.

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Light Blogging

Things are completely intense right now. The girls and I are finishing up the curriculum for the school year. We'll be in good shape by June 8th - our target date for end of school. 180 days/900 hours requirement will be met with all core courses complete if we put our noses to the grindstone. They are doing a great job. It's been a challenging year with both girls full time. I would deem it a success, even if not perfect. We're looking forward to seeing the King Tut exhibit next week! Ancient Egypt is always a fave.

Today was the last day of PREP (what we old-heads know as 'CCD') with the May Procession honoring Mary. The older was the May Queen and the younger was nervous again. She's getting better, though.

We've signed up for swim team for the summer, and also signed up for the homeschooler handbell choir for the entire year next year - starts in September. We'll be heading to Maine in August for a week to visit my relatives.

Primary elections tomorrow - oops. Make that today. Troll will be working the polls as he always does. The girls and I will bake some blueberry muffins to put on the goody table. The girls just love to come with me when I vote!

We're putting the house up for sale soon. Finishing the trim on the bathroom and we will paint the downstairs. Then old Saint Joseph will be buried in the garden - upside down - and we'll plant the 'for sale' sign. I need to move to the sticks.

Will be back in full swing soon. I think I'll atleast do my Aesop's Fable Fridays while working heavy in the trenches. I'm sure that if I become vexed by any event you will hear about it.

Take care. See you on the other side of school!

9 Comments:

Blogger tweetey30 said...

That is great that they are doing so well.

I talked to the Girl Scouts here and they recommend home schooling children to join. So we are thinking about getting Kora into that this summer. I need to register her soon for Girl Scouts though.

Glad to know the girls love helping you bake. Its to hot here right now to back. Hopefully the front comes through today where it cools off. Thunderstorms last night.

15 May, 2007 08:05  
Blogger Abouna said...

Good Luck with Girl's home schooling and hope all is completed on time.

BREAKING NEWS: Jerry Fallwell, the founder of Liberty University, just passed away.

15 May, 2007 13:42  
Blogger tweetey30 said...

I tagged you but take your time getting to it. Not sure how well you like tags. Still getting ot know my friends here.

15 May, 2007 16:51  
Blogger Mike's America said...

I couldn't figure out who that woman was in the painting with Vice President Cheney in Egypt.

I thought perhaps "Arthur" who claims to be an art expert might know.

But apparently he ignored that request. Perhaps he was too busy coming up with more sneering, snide moonbat troll comments.

16 May, 2007 00:56  
Blogger Mr. Grey Ghost said...

Wow, those blueberry muffins has got me hungry just thinking of 'em.

16 May, 2007 15:21  
Blogger Zendo Deb said...

Here is a story that combines gun rights and homeschooling. What more could you ask for?

(And yes, I am blogging again....)

18 May, 2007 00:13  
Blogger Dionne said...

I've done unit studies on both Ancient Egypt and Ancient Rome. My kids and I loved both. Very cool!!

My 3 older kids are done with their school and tomorrow I hope to get my youngest son finished. My oldest daughter still has some Math to finish up though. I plan on them doing some writing projects and lots of reading this summer. Writing is probably my biggest weakness with my kids.

If my older 3 didn't do their school on the computer we would never get done so kudos to you for all your hard work.

18 May, 2007 03:02  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Tweetey, Girl Scouts is great, 4H is great. Once you start looking around you will find LOTS of opportunities for your girls to socialize! The girls love to help with the cooking and baking - they always have. I generally don't like baking in the summer - too hot.

Abouna - thanks! The girls are working hard and have had a say in the best way to complete everything. They know what the end goal is and both have worked out how best to get there. About Jerry Falwell, I never followed him very closely but I am aghast at how so many people are trashing him in his death.

Mike, Arthur is like that autorantic moonbat thing. He just spews the talking points and that seems to be all he is capable of doing. He's lost! He's old enough to know better, too.

Mr. GG - I can't cook very well but man, can I bake. They were yummy!

Zendo Deb - yes - the best of everything. I am SO happy to see that you are blogging again! You are an important resource for me and I appreciate all of the work that you do getting your blogs out there. It DOES get tiring listening to all of the arguing between sides - when that happens, honey, just take yourself a break. We understand!

LMC - writing is a huge difficulty for my kids too. *sigh* I'm exhausted from it all. Sounds like you're winding up your year very nicely! We are all looking forward to a break and some fun in the sun. Ancient Egypt and Ancient Rome are definitely among the favorites in this house and I completely enjoy showing the girls how fascinating it all is and each time I learn something new myself. King Tut here we come!

18 May, 2007 22:31  
Blogger Kate said...

Congrats to almost finishing school! The countdown has begun! We just wrapped up another good year. Next year will be challenging as I try some new things/approaches but as long as I have a good atttiude about it, everyone will hopefully be in once piece!
Good luck with the sale of your house. I know this has been a long time coming so I hope and pray you find just the right house, at the right time. :)

22 May, 2007 08:41  

Post a Comment

<< Home