.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Grizzly Mama

There's a Grizzly who has escaped the City of Brotherly Love..(and she's going back to homeschooling!!)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Out of Philly, Pennsylvania, United States

"All who have meditated on the art of governing mankind have been convinced that the fate of empires depends on the education of youth." Aristotle - Greek Philosopher.

Friday, February 02, 2007

Aesop's Fable Friday

The Traveler and His Dog

A Traveler was about to start on a journey, and said to his Dog, who was stretching himself by the door, "Come, what are you yawning for? Hurry up and get ready: I mean you to go with me."

But the Dog merely wagged his tail and said quietly, "I'm ready, master, it is you I am waiting for."

Moral of the story: Sometimes the slow ones blame the active for the delay.

How about: Just don't get all high and mighty thinking you're the only one who's on the ball - pay attention! Notice something besides yourself!

Poor little doggy...

6 Comments:

Blogger Always On Watch said...

Reminds me of my own situation! My husband harps on my getting ready to go. I'm ready, then waiting for him to put on the final touches--comb his hair, put on his shoes, etc.

03 February, 2007 07:22  
Blogger Mike's America said...

I have used that same tactic myself.

03 February, 2007 10:41  
Blogger tweetey30 said...

Sounds like my house hold. He is alwyas waiting for me to ge the kids ready to go and then when I finally get them ready we wait twenty more minutes for him LOL... Oh well I guess we all learn our lessons dont we the hard way. Sometimes the easy way. Tweets. I finally figured out how to get you on my side bar also.

03 February, 2007 23:34  
Blogger tweetey30 said...

Your Welcome. I was having a hard time remembering whow I was visiting so sme sent me instructions on how to add people to my side bar.I am still missing two. If you know Gardenia's and Notta Wallflower I think her name is. Those two would greatly be appreciated. Tweets.

05 February, 2007 07:48  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

I'm telling ya - my husband takes longer to get ready to go than the girls and myself combined. Men!

Tweetey - I don't know the ladies that you are looking for. If I find out I will certainly let you know. You will be added to my sidebar tonight after I tackle a new homeschooling entry I'm working on. Thanks.

06 February, 2007 00:09  
Blogger tweetey30 said...

Found her. You should read what happened to K today when you get a moment to read. I am so sick of it. Well I am not feeling well tonight. Going to go check on K and then get some dinner finally. Its 7:15 here. Well catch you later. Have fun with the project. Tweets. AKA (NIK)

07 February, 2007 20:14  

Post a Comment

<< Home