.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Grizzly Mama

There's a Grizzly who has escaped the City of Brotherly Love..(and she's going back to homeschooling!!)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Out of Philly, Pennsylvania, United States

"All who have meditated on the art of governing mankind have been convinced that the fate of empires depends on the education of youth." Aristotle - Greek Philosopher.

Friday, June 10, 2005

You do know that the state WILL take your kids.

This family is in hell right now. Their 12 year old daughter (and siblings) have been removed from the home because the parents QUESTIONED the doctors on what was appropriate treatment for her Hodgkins Disease.

She has received chemotherapy but the parents question the necessity of radiation therapy. The all-powerful doctors called in the Texas Child Protective Services. CPS proceeded to search the family's home with no warrant and then issued an Amber Alert and seized the little girl.

Texas must be some kind of hell. I've heard more horror stories about parental rights being violated coming out of Texas recently.

Here is their blog. Support them. They are doing the right thing for their daughter from everything I've read about chemo/radiation for HD.

Katie

In the end it is up to the parents and the child (if old enough) to decide. These doctors are pulling some shit.


**UPDATE**

Iowavoice has a really great post about CPS and their abuses of power:

Iowa Voice

Hat tip: JackLewis

7 Comments:

Blogger United We Lay said...

I don't even know what to say. This is an outrage. If there's anything I can do... people I could call... congressmen to write... please let me know.

10 June, 2005 12:10  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Polanco - check out the link to the young lady's blog in the body of my entry. She has given many contact phone numbers and addresses. I agree with you it is an outrage.

10 June, 2005 23:42  
Blogger tshsmom said...

I have contacted all my Texas connections. Hopefully they will spread the word and become a "physical" force to be reckoned with!
The rest of us will do our best to write and call the involved agencies. We'll do the best we can from a long distance.

11 June, 2005 11:05  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

If enough of us make noise they will have to listen. It frightens me that Child Protective Services has so much power. It's also odd that they are very effective in taking kids from good homes and letting kids who truly need help languish in abusive homes. It happens in every state but I've heard a lot recently out of Texas.

11 June, 2005 21:06  
Blogger Steve Donohue said...

Unbelievable- that's all I can say. Absolutely unbelievable.

11 June, 2005 21:10  
Blogger Dani Kekoa said...

Even more of a reason to own a lot of guns! I swear, if CPS came to my house, they would have to get past the barrel of my shotgun first!

25 June, 2005 13:31  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Americans!! Arm yourselves!! Be safety concious and become comfortable and familiar with your firearms!

25 June, 2005 23:21  

Post a Comment

<< Home