.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Grizzly Mama

There's a Grizzly who has escaped the City of Brotherly Love..(and she's going back to homeschooling!!)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Out of Philly, Pennsylvania, United States

"All who have meditated on the art of governing mankind have been convinced that the fate of empires depends on the education of youth." Aristotle - Greek Philosopher.

Wednesday, September 09, 2009

I Remember Gregory James Malone



I'll start you off with a little haiku tribute to Gregory James Malone and to all of the victims of the terrorist attacks on 9/11/2001:

We are guardians
Our hearts crumbled on that day
Etched in memory



Gregory James Malone worked on the 84th floor of 2 WTC (South Tower). He worked for Maxcor/Euro Brokers. Flight 175 hit the South Tower at 9:03 a.m. between floors 77 and 85. I watched it as it happened. My husband called from work telling me to put the TV on. He was working at the airport in the little tower, and they had heard news that something had happened. Sure enough, the North Tower was on fire. I thought, 'There's been a terrible accident.' As we were talking, United Airlines Flight 175 appeared and slammed into the South Tower. I could not speak properly, trying to grasp it.


Greg was 42 years old and has been described as a man's man. He grew up in Rumson, New Jersey and lived in Hoboken. He went to Lehigh University and was a member of the Sigma Phi Epsilon fraternity. A bachelor(who looked like he might have been getting ready to settle down..), he loved baseball, fishing and hockey. He joined Euro brokers in 2001 and loved life in the fast lane. He loved the thrill of taking risks, and was a funny and kind man. Survivors include his parents Lawrence and Helen, his sister and brother Jane and Lawrence, and his fiancee Fiona.

Here is the guest book for Gregory at Legacy.com. He is sorely missed by many who knew and loved him.

Here is the profile that Maxco/Euro brokers has online for Gregory. They also have profiles on all of the employees that they lost that day.

Eight years on, we still feel the devastating loss. We are determined never to forget the lives of the people that we lost that day.

Link

9 Comments:

Blogger Most Rev. Gregori said...

I lost a relative on 9/11, his name was Allen Bondarenko. Allen worked on the 91st floor of Tower Two. My tribute is to him, with a prayer for all those who died that day.

10 September, 2009 22:29  
Blogger tweetey30 said...

Tears roll now for these people that lost there lives and I couldnt cry the other day when my grandmothers long living boy friend passed away. The closest to a grandfather I had.. Yikess.. Sad so sad..

11 September, 2009 08:45  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Rev - I loved your tribute and I'm so sorry that we lost so many thousands of good people that day. We must never forget.

Tweetey - I know. Eight years hasn't made much of a difference for me. We have all had to move on and live our lives, but thinking about it even for a minute brings it all back.

11 September, 2009 08:57  
Blogger Always On Watch said...

May we never forget Gregoy James Malone.

He so loved life! The jihadomaniacs destroyed his life -- robbed him of it.

11 September, 2009 11:43  
Blogger Unknown said...

My curiosity is peaked, who are you "Grizzly Mama"? And how do you know my uncle? I and my family appiricate your kind words about him. Greg was a great guy with the best sense of humor! I miss family dinners with everyone making jokes back and forth across the table, we were usually the loudest table at resteraunts. And of course Greg's hillarious stories! I can't believe its been 8 years, thanks again for writing about my uncle.

11 September, 2009 11:46  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

AOW - Amen. I will never forgive them for what they did and I will never forget.

Meghan - I'm so glad that you left a comment. I didn't know your uncle when he was alive. Project2996 are bloggers who commit to learning about the people who died as a result of the terrorist attacks on 9/11. It's easy for people to see that number - 2,996 - and the individuals get lost in there. They were people, not just a number and we never want anyone to forget that. God bless you and your family. I know that you will never forget your uncle, and neither will we.

11 September, 2009 16:40  
Blogger Unknown said...

meghan - if you email me, I will send you a few stories about your uncle. We lived together at the sig ep frat house at lehigh from 77-79. I also wanted to ask if greg's dad was alive. His dad and my dad knew each other in NYC in the 70s. You can reach me at coxtw@yahoo.com

Your uncle was an original - and a good man.

ted cox

11 September, 2009 22:08  
Blogger Mike's America said...

I didn't participate in the project this year as I wanted instead to focus on the whole picture. Though I do think it is fundamentally important to remember the individual lives lost to bring home the idea that this was a personal tragedy and not just a national one.

13 September, 2009 20:33  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Coxtw and Mike - thanks both for commenting!

14 September, 2009 12:04  

Post a Comment

<< Home