.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Grizzly Mama

There's a Grizzly who has escaped the City of Brotherly Love..(and she's going back to homeschooling!!)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Out of Philly, Pennsylvania, United States

"All who have meditated on the art of governing mankind have been convinced that the fate of empires depends on the education of youth." Aristotle - Greek Philosopher.

Friday, December 16, 2005

Didja ever get that feeling that Deb doesn't like you? ;)

She tagged me - yes. She did!

Seven things to do before I die:
1. Learn a few languages - and ensure that my kids learn a few, too
2. Travel to many far away places - and take the kids
3. Sculpt
4. Get out of debt
5. See my girlies grow up strong and good
6. Hold my grandchildren
7. Home educate these girls through high school.

Seven things I cannot do:
1. Tan
2. Cut people's hair
3. Fly a plane
4. Reach the top shelf at the supermarket without climbing up the lower shelves
5. Drive a semi
6. Cook a steak properly
7. Run very far - my knees hurt :-(

Seven things that attract me to home educating:
1. Having control over what my kids are being taught.
2. Being able to spend more time with my kids.
3. Having that opportunity to experience new things together.
4. Being able to sleep late. (none of us are morning people...)
5. Knowing the families and kids that my kids hang out with.
6. Seeing those achievement test scores. Dang - we're doing a great job!!
7. Being able to travel with the kids when we want.

Seven things I say most often:
1. WHO'S CHOKING??!!!
2. Have you put your shoes on yet?
3. Crap!
4. Maybe if we try this...
5. Are you full?
6. Good Lord!
7. Who left this in the middle of the floor?

Seven books (or series) that I love: (Hard to narrow down...)
1. Harry Potter.
2. Sherlock Holmes.
3. Anything Dickens.
4. Anything Twain.
5. Eloise.
6. The Wind in the Willows.
7. The Bible.

Seven movies I watch over and over again (or would if I had time):
1. The original version of 'The In-Laws' with Peter Falk and Alan Arkin.
2. Pulp Fiction.
3. Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.
4. Any Charlie Brown holiday movie.
5. Interview With a Vampire.
6. The Sound of Music.
7. Finding Nemo.

Five people I want to join in, too. Hmmmmmm - Let's torture the homeschoolers this time:
1. Tshsmom
2. Dani
3. Sprittibee
4. The Thomas Institute
5. The City Troll (He's the homeschooling Grizzly Papa.)
6. Neo
7. In Rejection of Mediocrity

Sorry y'all. I KNOW you're busy. Criminy - the work never ends!!!

Link

6 Comments:

Blogger Dani Kekoa said...

~ Thanks Monica ~

I was having so much fun reading your answers and I am so flattered you picked me to join in. Looks like fun ~ I'll get started right away!

This should be good - He-he!

16 December, 2005 01:43  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

I'm so glad that you are pleased Dani. I always feel bad tagging people. Thanks and I can hardly WAIT to see your answers!

16 December, 2005 01:58  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

And oops! That should be 7 - SEVEN - people that I want to joing in....not 5. Sorry.

16 December, 2005 01:59  
Blogger tshsmom said...

Oh SURE, and I just posted too. Thanks pal. Remember, paybacks are a bitch!
Gotta do some thinking, but I'll get it done. ;)

16 December, 2005 20:25  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

LOL! Thanks tshsmom. Take your time - there's no rush!

17 December, 2005 00:10  
Blogger Dani Kekoa said...

Hey Monica,
I just wanted to let you know that I posted my answers over at =>
Bureaucratic Daycare

Thanks for thinking of me, it was fun!

17 December, 2005 07:34  

Post a Comment

<< Home