.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Grizzly Mama

There's a Grizzly who has escaped the City of Brotherly Love..(and she's going back to homeschooling!!)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Out of Philly, Pennsylvania, United States

"All who have meditated on the art of governing mankind have been convinced that the fate of empires depends on the education of youth." Aristotle - Greek Philosopher.

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Lawza Hep Us - Look at Rita.

Holy Moly - the pressure is at 899 mb and possibly lower. Via Drudge. That's one big, nasty hurricane.

I would just like everyone to take note of how a PROPER evacuation by local authorities is carried out. Texas doesn't screw around with the lives of IT'S citizens.

The prognosis for 'Hurricane' Grizzly's attempts at cleaning are good. Things are looking much brighter. Then the older girl had the audacity to just toss her dirty clothes into the middle of the floor when getting ready for bed. Harumph! Will they never learn? Don't they see me like a maniac here? Gathering items to rot in a 1 liter bottle to show what will decompose and what will not? Trying to get the little one to understand that it is NOT funny to deliberately give the wrong answer on an assessment? Putting the parrot into time-out because he continually rings like the phone? Helping the 17 year old cat down the stairs?

I'm done and feel cleansed now. Thank you and have a wonderful weekend.

13 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

well hope your visit with your sis goes okay ... kids will be kids , guess what mine does the same thing ..arghhhhhh

22 September, 2005 22:11  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Thanks Gina. Yes - they are all the same in so many ways, those kids. I guess when they're mothers they will finally understand. Sis made it in safe and sound - we had a great dinner out.

22 September, 2005 22:25  
Blogger Gem said...

I just wish there were a better way to get them all out of town. My cousins were 15 hours on the road from Houston to Dallas, gave up and wend back home b/c they were still 9 or 10 hours away from Dallas! I don't know what the gov't could have done about that, but it is frustrating to hear about. I'm sure it's even more frustrating to live through!!!

23 September, 2005 11:39  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

It's hell. It's just hellish what these people are being put through. I hope that your cousins are safe, Gem.

23 September, 2005 23:28  
Blogger sandy said...

The problem(at least in my opinion)is our highways are so far out of date they cannot handle the traffic required for an evacuation of millions at one time.

They should have closed incoming traffic sooner and made all roads out one way except for one lane to handle emergency traffic into the area.

Does that sound too logical?

24 September, 2005 13:35  
Blogger Sprittibee said...

Yep - glad that Texas authorities got on the ball and opened up the counter-flow. I was one of those maniacs doing 70 mph in the wrong direction! So liberating! :) Had to finally give up on 45, though... hit the back roads and was all alone for hours!

24 September, 2005 18:26  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

It is very logical Sandy and I hope that they implement a system similar to that for evacuation in the near future. If we had to evacuate from Philly - well - I just can't even think about it. We would probably end up walking.

Sprittibee - I read your account of the evacuation. I'm so glad you got out and what a drive. Sheesh. It's hard on the kids especially being stuck in a car like that. The way you described the images on Fox News was exactly what my husband and I said - it looked like a lava flow - those rivers of red tail lights.

Thankfully Rita petered out a bit. We were a bit disgusted watching the news today and looking at the long faces of reporters desperate to show something horrifying. I was glad to see that it wasn't worse than it could have been. Can't believe about New Orleans flooding again though. Dang.

24 September, 2005 23:07  
Blogger Ca... said...

It'should come as no surprise that texans follow instructions and keep things orderly while evacuating. No one there would dare screw things up; They wouldn't dare! Everyone in texas carries a gun.

25 September, 2005 19:39  
Blogger Sprittibee said...

Hey Grizzly Mama... I would love it if you would participate in the meme I did today:

http://sbees.blogspot.com/2005/09/me.html

26 September, 2005 12:38  
Blogger Laura said...

So Monicar, did you and your sister have a good time?

27 September, 2005 04:22  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Thank you for asking Alicenot! We have had a GREAT time. One of my favorite parts was this: While she was getting her nails done she paid for me to have a pedicure. Ahhhhhhhhhhh. Bliss.

I will be blogging about our visit to Ground Zero. It was a sobering event.

27 September, 2005 09:57  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

OMG! Is this true? Where the hell is this link? It's a link on MY blog? My no-nonsense, homeschooling mom in Philadelphia blog?

Please tell me where.

28 September, 2005 22:17  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Kara Olo - I found what you were talking about. I changed it and left a message at your new place.

Sorry about it - don't know how it got changed in my template - but obviously I am a bit worried about it. It most definitely does NOT fit into what I want projected into the blogosphere about our lovable (and affable)- but straight talking Grizzly Mama

Thanks for letting me know.

28 September, 2005 22:49  

Post a Comment

<< Home