.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Grizzly Mama

There's a Grizzly who has escaped the City of Brotherly Love..(and she's going back to homeschooling!!)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Out of Philly, Pennsylvania, United States

"All who have meditated on the art of governing mankind have been convinced that the fate of empires depends on the education of youth." Aristotle - Greek Philosopher.

Monday, March 21, 2005

Extraordinary Actions

As I've shared with you before I'm not the best Christian you will ever run across.

I am amazed at what our government did in regard to Terri Schiavo. God Bless those men and women, God Bless President Bush and God Bless Terri Schiavo and her family. Truly I believe in the power of prayer. I do - really. I pray all the time and my ass has been snatched from the jaws of doom more than once.

Based on what I have heard and read about Terri Schiavo, she is NOT in a persistent vegetative state. With the proper therapy (which her husband has repeatedly denied to her) she could possibly be taking nourishment without the feeding tube. It's sickening to me that the law supports a man who wants so badly to kill his own wife.

It is extraordinary the way our government moved the way it did this weekend.

Terri's fight

3 Comments:

Blogger Steve Donohue said...

I agree that it morality is absolutely on the side of everyone who wants to save the life of this poor woman. Unfortunately, I don't know that the law is, and unfortunate as it is, Michael Schiavo, despite being an adulterer and otherwise seedy individual, might be legally in the right. Furthermore, I'm not so sure I want Congress- however morally sound the argument may be- involving themselves in this. Precedent or no precedent, this certainly is an infraction upon any belief in "small government". In fact, this may be its exact antithesis.

Unfortunately, being morally right and legally right aren't the same in all instances. The moral of the story- get a living will. Make sure that your intentions are known, and don't think that you are too young to worry about such things.

21 March, 2005 14:34  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

DID Congress act unconstitutionally? Did Judge Greer act properly in refusing to allow testimony that supported Terri's family's contention that she is NOT in a persistent vegetative state?

I do agree about the living will.

21 March, 2005 17:55  
Blogger rachaelmh18 said...

That's a great post, Monica. I agree wholeheartedly! Very well put, by the way :)

23 March, 2005 12:09  

Post a Comment

<< Home